Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

GTS glitch (not cloning!) - Page 1

GTS glitch (not cloning!)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-05 16:24:19
Oh, it seems there is a glitch. Well, what it is is…PkMn appearing as different PkMn, and then not working to trade.  If you've seen it you'll know what I mean. Well, there's the PkMn there, it seems to be nicknamed after another PkMn, but when you look, it IS that PkMn! You right away go for it, but it doesn't wrok to trade… Here are what Ive seen:
A Murkrow-Manaphy
A Spiritomb-Garchomp
A Spiritomb-Dustox
A Kyogre-Manaphy
discus

Re: GTS glitch (not cloning!)

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2007-09-05 17:41:51
http://trsrockin.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=4732

Posted by: missingno_master
Date: 2007-09-05 19:20:07
WTF!!!!!!!!! I'll test it out, and try to put a video on here… Oh crap!!!!! I should be doing my homework now!!!!!!

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-06 14:15:19
I've seen the Murkrow/Manaphy one several times, actually. I've also seen Mew with Torterra's picture and a Charixard with Gyarados's picture.

I'ts probably caused by some kind of mix-up when the Pokemon is uploaded. People trying to do the cloning trick but not succeeding, perhaps? 

Date: 2007-09-06 17:07:32

WTF!!!!!!!!! I'll test it out, and try to put a video on here… Oh crap!!!!! I should be doing my homework now!!!!!!
How exactly do you plan on testing it?
edit: updated first post.

Posted by: missingno_master
Date: 2007-09-06 17:54:20

How exactly do you plan on testing it?
edit: updated first post.

By naming my Pokemon the following and putting them in the GTS:
A Murkrow-Manaphy
A Spiritomb-Garchomp
A Spiritomb-Dustox
A Kyogre Manaphy

And just for fun, I'm trying to get DP Box.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-09-06 18:09:56
Try Makikarp=Arceus

Date: 2007-09-07 14:10:33
lol nice :P

But I thought Arceus was banned from GTS :/

Date: 2007-09-07 17:52:34
D/P box? And is Arceus really banned?

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-09 02:59:14
Read about this over at TRSrockin a short while back. Interestingly, they actually HAD one of these creatures in the Anime a couple of episodes back - Risquazgus.
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/DP258.jpg[/img]

Date: 2007-09-09 16:27:07
Really? That's…odd.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-09-10 10:11:00

Read about this over at TRSrockin a short while back. Interestingly, they actually HAD one of these creatures in the Anime a couple of episodes back - Risquazgus.

C'mon! None of you know what this is?
It is a SHINY Rayquaza!
I know because I have one.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-10 10:53:53

C'mon! None of you know what this is?
It is a SHINY Rayquaza!
I know because I have one.

[attachimg1]

Date: 2007-09-10 18:56:58
I know it's a Shiny Rayquaza. I just find it odd that the anime would show a legendary shiny since in the anime mosr legendaries are one-of-a-kind. Therefore, how could they have a shiny version if there's only one of them :P

Back on topic, anyone know why the glitch happens?

Date: 2007-09-10 20:12:32
Perhaps the byte that corresponds with the nickname is the same as that of the picture. Otherwise if a PkMn i nicknamed, chances are it searches for the PkMn instead, but thus is slower (only reasonable solution I could think of). But, it doesn't trade because the picture doesn't correspond with the species. Tell me if you can't understand this.