Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

GTS Hacked? - Page 1

GTS Hacked?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2008-07-29 11:25:01
Very often I go looking for shinies and other pokemon on the GTS, but sometimes the picture of the pokemon you want is the picture of what the other trainer is asking for.

Once there was a charizard up for trade but its' name was palkia and its' picture was of a shiny palkia, they wanted palkia level 100 so I tried to trade because I was curious of the glitch.

However it did not let me trade it and instead said it was already traded, does anybody have any idea what this is about?

Re: GTS Hacked?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-29 11:46:39
It's a glitch. A terrible one at that, because apparently it locks out the person who had offered the Pokemon. There is no surefire way to do this, although it seems to be common with Azumarill.
In other words, it's unlikely you'll ever get it, but that's kid of something you don't want to happen.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-07-29 13:39:20

It's a glitch. A terrible one at that, because apparently it locks out the person who had offered the Pokemon. There is no surefire way to do this, although it seems to be common with Azumarill.
In other words, it's unlikely you'll ever get it, but that's kid of something you don't want to happen.

O_O Wait I don't get what happens to the person who is trying to trade.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-07-29 19:24:02
I think that the person trying to trade will be forced to not trade. I would test it out if I could find my Pearl (Nintendo makes game cartridges way too small now).

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-29 19:59:41

I think that the person trying to trade will be forced to not trade. I would test it out if I could find my Pearl (Nintendo makes game cartridges way too small now).
how can you try it out? the probability of it happens is very low, since it occurs VERY randomly.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GTS#GTS_morphing_glitch <– can you say "We need to get on the ball"?
Sure. I knew you could.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-07-29 20:40:12

how can you try it out? the probability of it happens is very low, since it occurs VERY randomly.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GTS#GTS_morphing_glitch <– can you say "We need to get on the ball"?
Sure. I knew you could.
When I had my Pearl, I saw a trainer who originally put up a Garchomp but the pic turned into a Skorupi.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-08-16 18:52:10
The one with a Muscle Band, right? That thing's been up there forever. I wonder if the person's realized that it's happened…

This glitch seems to be getting more and more common nowadays, though…

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-09-08 20:20:54
I actually posted a thread about this a while back. Anyway, I've seen it with (image first) Spiritomb/Garchomp and Murkrow/Manaphy. On TR's Rockin' there seems to be a much more famous thread anyway.