Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Acid Weather Ball? - Page 1

Acid Weather Ball?

Posted by: Gaster
Date: 2009-07-02 17:44:33
…you used Weather Ball withist the Acid Rain glich was happening in Platnum? Would it gain the types of Water, Ground, Fire, and Ice? I feal like testing it, but I want to see if anyone else tryed frist  ;D

Re: Acid Weather Ball?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-07-02 21:44:44
I don't think anyone has tried it yet, go right ahead.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-07-02 22:24:14
It uses the last one that is in effect. In the case it was started using hail/uproar/trickroom, it is ice, if it was started by sunnyday, it is fire type, if it was started by sandstorm, it is rock type. The glitch can't be activated via rain though.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-07-03 11:38:09
Forgive me for my stupidity, but what's the Acid Rain Glitch?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-03 11:41:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=en-GB&v=JLgcpYx8aC0
Essentially, if you use Pursuit on a fleeing Pokemon in a sandstorm, shit fucks up.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-07-03 11:59:38

Essentially, if you use Pursuit on a fleeing Pokemon in a sandstorm, s**t fucks up.

haha, weather ball is used here aswell (and gives normal damage to a Tangrowth)

Date: 2009-07-03 16:50:29
ACtually  it activates with sunny day, hail, fog, uproar, gravity, and trick room. If you do it using trickroom, gravity, uproar, fog, hail, sunny day, sandstorm and rain activate in that order(only the visable effects hurt you though)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-03 22:45:39
Well, I guess the video I linked answers the OP's question then. Weather Ball's type in acid rain is dependent on what move was used to activate the glitch.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-07-04 04:33:30

Essentially, if you use Pursuit on a fleeing Pokemon in a sandstorm, shit fucks up.

That's so messed up. The rain came out of nowhere, and then double damage from "Sandstorm".

Posted by: Gaster
Date: 2009-07-04 11:35:12
Ok, I want to try the glitch, with weather ball, soon, so can a few people who want to try and test this glitch post up there FC? They must have pokemon platnum.

I will post my Fc when I have the chance…

Date: 2009-07-04 13:17:58

Ok, I want to try the glitch, with weather ball, soon, so can a few people who want to try and test this glitch post up there FC? They must have pokemon platnum.

I will post my Fc when I have the chance…
It is the type of what it was activated with, or ice in the case it was activated from fog/uproar/trickroom