Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Minor Black Bars and Grey Stripes D/P/Pt - Page 1

Minor Black Bars and Grey Stripes D/P/Pt

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-08-05 07:00:17
There is something simple but not so noticable on D/P/Pt however it may only exist on Platinum:

In Platinum's pokemon league walk inside and walk exactly two paces up and then look at the bottom left corner and you will notice a grey stripe, is this just a loading problem or is it a hidden object for managing events in the room?

The grey stripe continues to appear on that corner until walking an extra 3-4 steps up.
There may be examples of stripes like these in other parts of the game.

Re: Minor Black Bars and Grey Stripes D/P/Pt

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-08-05 13:18:09
Just tested it, it's real all right.  My question is though…What exactly IS it?

Date: 2009-08-05 14:18:20
I have no idea, probably just a line that seperates two layers like how the ground and the sea are on different layers in this game.

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-08-09 23:54:16
I just found out that if you move eastward, the line starts to look like this: |__  Kinda weird eh?

Posted by: DialGiX
Date: 2009-08-22 20:54:22
I just tested it on Diamond and it's not there…  :???: (Must only be for Platinum)

Date: 2009-09-06 12:34:08

I just tested it on Diamond and it's not there…  :???: (Must only be for Platinum)

Yes most likely, apparantly they changed the way new map data is read on Platinum to stop the Tweaking Glitch, however a slightly new engine probably caused some more but more minor glitches.