Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

My Platinum has just gone funny. - Page 1

My Platinum has just gone funny.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-16 22:47:35
Last week, I tried saving my Platinum outside the Battle Frontier.

After saving, it said, "The save data could not be accessed. Please reinsert the game cart."

I did that, then it was just fine.

Any idea why this happened?

Re: My Platinum has just gone funny.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-08-17 09:41:30
Temporary connection loss from the connection making certain parts of the cart unaccessable?

If nothing bad has happened I suggest you note it and forget it.

Date: 2009-08-17 12:26:31

Temporary connection loss from the connection making certain parts of the cart unaccessable?

Please specify.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-08-17 13:06:50
I guess you accidentally took it out or something while you saved.

Date: 2009-08-17 14:52:24
No, I checked and the game was still inside the DS.

I turned it back on, and it still said the game cart was in.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-08-17 16:07:51
weird, maybe it was just a wire out of place temporarily or somethin'…..

Date: 2009-08-17 16:13:17
It was also strange how it wouldn't work until I put the cart back in.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-08-17 17:31:44
DS games can suddenly freeze if they are jostled, not inserted properly, or (in most cases) if they just don't feel like cooperating. This is simply the message given when one of those three things happen while the DS is attempting to save the game. Worse things can happen due to bad connections, though. Once my poorly inserted Diamond claimed that the save file was too corrupted to load, but when I was part way through Prof. Rowan's spiel the game froze, eventually leading to the discovery that my game was intact.

Posted by: Dragonmaster91
Date: 2009-08-25 22:53:37
Meh, sometimes my Diamond, on my old DS just would not pickup (get read by the DS). So, I had to take it out and put it back in, until it picked up. These kind of things can happen all the time.

Off topic note: Wa, love your avatar, I am a trekky (meaning I like Star Trek, and it is one of my favorite shows).

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-26 08:04:20

Meh, sometimes my Diamond, on my old DS just would not pickup (get read by the DS). So, I had to take it out and put it back in, until it picked up. These kind of things can happen all the time.

Yeah, that also happens to me very often, especially when I'm using my Action Replay DS.