Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Pal Park Arceus glitch? - Page 1

Pal Park Arceus glitch?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-03-20 06:46:27
Similar to the issue in the Pal Park, if the player has an Arceus in the front of their party, holding a plate, and intiates a battle, the game will freeze.

Anybody wanna test this? I'll probably do it if I get back after States and nobody has.

Re: Bulbapedia has glitches...that we don't?!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-03-20 09:39:23

Similar to the issue in the Pal Park, if the player has an Arceus in the front of their party, holding a plate, and intiates a battle, the game will freeze.

Anybody wanna test this? I'll probably do it if I get back after States and nobody has.

My friend experienced the same thing, it sounds realistic because the Great Marsh and the Pal Park use entirely different battle systems therefore there is a huge possibility that Nintendo forgot to define an instance for Arceus in those.

Here goes then (Platinum):
1)Great Marsh (Movie Arceus with Iron Plate): No, this does not work note that my friend was using a hacked Arceus but unless the Classic Ribbon gives some kind of patch I don't think this works. I'll try it with a hacked Arceus later if I can get one though.
2)Pal Park (Same Arceus with Iron Plate): No, hmm I will try both my English and Japanese Pokémon Diamond later then.

Re: Bulbapedia has glitches...that we don't?!

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-03-20 21:50:50
My friend had the same problem that pal park always froze when he had arceus first in his party (he hacked it)

I of course, disapporve of hacking, so I wouldn't know.

Re: Pal Park Arceus glitch?

Date: 2018-11-28 16:35:56
Hey Sherkel.

I noticed you moved the thread. Just a note that this one is confirmed. It just doesn't appear to work on Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, and seems to not have a wiki page yet.

I'll make one shortly at Arceus Plate glitch.

Edit: Added it :)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-29 01:32:00
Nice, good work as usual!

Date: 2018-11-29 11:12:15
Thanks, you're welcome! :)