Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

PokeWalker Cloneing - Page 1

PokeWalker Cloneing

Posted by: Skyrro
Date: 2010-04-18 12:40:50
I am not sure if anyone has attempted cloning a Pokemon using the Pokemon Walker device for generation IV HG/SS versions, however, I was able to get both a Pokemon clone that simply deleted itself as it returned to the game. I want to ask you guys if you guys every got a successful clone out of the poke walker.

I would think it's possible, but I want to see if you guys became successful where I have failed before I start trying hundreds of times to duplicate a Pokemon using a Pokewalker.

Re: PokeWalker Cloneing

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-04-18 21:14:44

I am not sure if anyone has attempted cloning a Pokemon using the Pokemon Walker device for generation IV HG/SS versions, however, I was able to get both a Pokemon clone that simply deleted itself as it returned to the game. I want to ask you guys if you guys every got a successful clone out of the poke walker.

I would think it's possible, but I want to see if you guys became successful where I have failed before I start trying hundreds of times to duplicate a Pokemon using a Pokewalker.

How have you been doing this?  By blocking the IR connection?

Date: 2010-04-19 17:28:12
After it says 'XXX Pokemon' has been sent, there is a slight few seconds between it saying the sent message,the pokemon arriving on the Pokewalker, and the game NOT saving.

I turn it off when the pokemon is seen on the pokewalker, but the game did not save yet.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-04-19 17:32:18
Tried and failed.

Date: 2010-04-19 17:34:46
^It deletes itself… correct? As a confirmation, I WAS able to clone a Rage Glitched Ditto :P While the game was saving, just now.

Edit 1: Sorry, unable to get a screen shot :P

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-04-19 19:52:56
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nintendo try everything in their power to PREVENT PokeWalker cloning?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-04-22 08:46:23
It was my brother who did it, but I'm pretty sure he did what you did. By the way, what about this method:
1. Send the Pokémon
2. "Emergency recall" it (the button combination)
3. Return from Stroll
I'm guessing this doesn't work? I'll try it later.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-04-22 09:18:17

It was my brother who did it, but I'm pretty sure he did what you did. By the way, what about this method:
1. Send the Pokémon
2. "Emergency recall" it (the button combination)
3. Return from Stroll
I'm guessing this doesn't work? I'll try it later.

The manual says that if you use the Emergency Recall, you cannot transfer the Pokemon from the PokeWalker and must reset it.