Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Diamond/Pearl MissingNo.! - Page 1

Diamond/Pearl MissingNo.!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-10-04 22:26:46
Someone found the missing-number Pok?mon in Diamond & Pearl versions; you can view a thread on NSider about it here. There's a link to a Youtube video of it on the second page–the one on the topic post doesn't work. Apparently, it's not that hard to get, you just enter a 2vs2 battle with only one non-KO'd Pok?mon and an egg. Unfortunately, this makes it effectively impossible to "catch" this glitch Pok?mon and use it on Wi-Fi battling. :(

Re: Diamond/Pearl MissingNo.!

Posted by: Lishy
Date: 2006-10-04 23:52:39
LOL! ;D
HES SHINY TOO!

Ok they put somthing so obvious…They are doing it on purpose!Hopefully the na version will fix missingno and add another cinnabar island!

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-10-05 00:40:45
I'll try not to say it.

Edit: I can't hold it any longer.

[testspoiler=You asked for it][size=50pt]IT'S
NOT
MISSINGNO[/size]

and btw, Nintendo doesn't add true glitches on purpose. It's a placeholder.[/testspoiler]

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-10-05 09:48:45
Abwayax is right.

I hate people who call all glitches MissngNo.! One guy a few days ago said that 'M is a MissingNo. People say the advanced placeholders are MissingNo. People say that the second generation placeholders are MissingNo.
[size=32pt]THEY ARE NOT MISSINGNO.[/size]
[modified by SCared Fir3 for anyone who does not get 'it']
There are only 20 or so MissingNo. and they all look the same and act the same except 3 (Ghost and fossils)…the only difference is the Hex!
Please call it a placeholder or a glitch Pokemon but NOT MISSINGNO.

Anyway it seems to be just a glitched up egg not a Pokemon in itself!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-10-05 14:06:32
"MissingNo." means "Missing Number", so I use it to refer to any "Placeholder" Pok?mon in any Pok?mon games that is just that–a missing number in the game's data. Of course, this Glitch Pok?mon isn't really a MissingNo., it's an Egg, so I guess I was wrong. I was just in a hurry to post this. :P

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-10-05 14:12:31
Its a bad glitch pokemon

(mixed with, glitch/not missingno/bad egg)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-10-06 17:08:48
Well someone should get and action replay ds and see what the the opponent sprite is and discover other glithches.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-10-06 21:06:13

"MissingNo." means "Missing Number", so I use it to refer to any "Placeholder" Pok?mon in any Pok?mon games that is just that–a missing number in the game's data. Of course, this Glitch Pok?mon isn't really a MissingNo., it's an Egg, so I guess I was wrong. I was just in a hurry to post this. :P

Its not the R/B/Y kind/type of missingno

I mean it is a placeholder but in these games you need a GS or something ;)

Posted by: Lishy
Date: 2006-10-07 22:21:44
Lol,he looks like a shiny missingno though.

Hes white in d/p and in r/b he is purple :D

So maybe "EGG" can be fixed by bein disabled in wifi.They cant edit the game itself but they can still edit thw wifi network.

I may be wrong  :P

Yes lets call him EGG XD