Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Possible beta location in D/P - Page 1

Possible beta location in D/P

Posted by: Dragonmaster91
Date: 2010-07-19 19:51:56
Recently, there has been a couple huge discoveries in the void. One of those discoveries happens to be a possible, and reachable, beta location.

This location happens to be a normal Jubilife area, with Gym music and some blond chick by the stairs. It appears that it is the top of a building. The journey to reach this area is short in the void, but to actually get into the area, so far seems REALLY long (right now, twice as long as the Darkrai trip).

I can offer some help if someone wants to look for it via AR. The XY and maybe Z coordinates are the same as Poketch Co. Right now, I'm looking for a way into the location without an AR.

There is also another location that might be of some interest to someone here, but more info is needed before someone should look for it.

Note: Zowa (Zowayixx over at the Hall of Origin site) said that this area should not exist as he could not find location data in the game. However, we know for a fact its there now.

Re: Possible beta location in D/P

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-07-20 10:27:19

Recently, there has been a couple huge discoveries in the void. One of those discoveries happens to be a possible, and reachable, beta location.

This location happens to be a normal Jubilife area, with Gym music and some blond chick by the stairs. It appears that it is the top of a building. The journey to reach this area is short in the void, but to actually get into the area, so far seems REALLY long (right now, twice as long as the Darkrai trip).

I can offer some help if someone wants to look for it via AR. The XY and maybe Z coordinates are the same as Poketch Co. Right now, I'm looking for a way into the location without an AR.

There is also another location that might be of some interest to someone here, but more info is needed before someone should look for it.

Note: Zowa (Zowayixx over at the Hall of Origin site) said that this area should not exist as he could not find location data in the game. However, we know for a fact its there now.

That is very exciting to hear, best of luck at trying to access it to you and the other void explorers on the Hall of Origin forums.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-07-20 12:50:24
This is awesome! I might want to try and reach it. Are there directions to there on Hall of Origin?
(Of course, I'd have to learn tweaking first.)
By the way, is this in Platinum?

Date: 2010-07-20 13:02:35
Right now it doesn't seem possible to find a savable fake Jubi "gym"… If anyone wants to help, and you have wtw, here's the path:

Follow the Darkrai/Shaymin path until you have to save in a Jubi area going 430 steps up. Save there, reset the game (anyway, doesn't matter). Now, go 490 steps right, and 4930 steps up. You should be in a Jubilife area with Gym music. Do a BSoD test (open your menu, go to anything but save and exit. Close it, and if its black and frozen, it's not a safe area, if you are safely able to get back to the menu, it's safe). If it's safe, save and restart the game (again, anyway you want, doesn't matter). Now, go 490 left, and about 5300 steps down. You'll know when you're near when you see a Floarama Meadow, Mt. Coronet, and another Floarama Meadow (we call that Mt. Coronet an SS, but that doesn't matter). Keep going down until you hit a wall (shouldn't be much after that Floarama Meadow). Refresh the graphics (any option but safe and exit in the menu). Now, what WTW is needed for is getting into the area. When you are in, the two things that need investigation is the blond chick, and the stairs. If any of those do anything good, post it.

Also, if you need more help finding the area (in case wtw's makes the walls less apparent) after that second Floarama Meadow, go down about 10 steps and refresh the graphics. The area should appear.

This journey should take at most 10 minutes, which is 1/12th of the Darkrai trip, and 1/6th of the Shaymin trip. If you must, use the easy Jubilife tweak found here, and never EVER use the explorer's kit. It has been known to cause BSoD's where there are none, and in most locations, you can't even use it…

Edit: Forgot to mention. Bring escape ropes. There are A LOT of Turnback Caves in that void. All you'd have to do is reset go to the left a little and escape rope back into Jubilife.

@Tombstoner:
NOOOOOO! Don't use Platinum. Gamefreak did the best they could to fix the void in Plat and HG/SS.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-07-20 13:22:42

@Tombstoner:
NOOOOOO! Don't use Platinum. Gamefreak did the best they could to fix the void in Plat and HG/SS.
OK then. Just curious: what did they do to fix it?

Date: 2010-07-20 13:29:13

@Tombstoner:
OK then. Just curious: what did they do to fix it?

It's hard to explain, but I'll do the best I can. They filled most of the voids with what we call webs. Webs are tiles that you can step onto, but there ends up being walls on all four sides of you. The most we've been able to do is get into the MZ right below the centerpiece of Poketch Co. The HG/SS voids are worse, all of the voids are filled with webs. The only way to truly find out what is in these voids is to use WTW.

Which also means, we have not explored these voids.

On a side note, I have been to south fake Johto/Kanto in SS. Believe me, that journey is a real pain, and again, impossible without WTW.

The location has been reached with WTW, here is the link.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Zowa is taking awhile with the video…

Posted by: Zowayixx
Date: 2010-07-20 20:07:04
Hey guys, Zowayixx here. Sorry for taking so long on the video, I'm currently touching it up in Sony Vegas. The video should be up within 2 hours.  ;)

Date: 2010-07-21 10:31:47
Seeing how Zowa's not on, here is the video.