Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

D/P's Safari Zone doesnt like Arceus - Page 1

D/P's Safari Zone doesnt like Arceus

Posted by: Cyhunt
Date: 2010-08-16 16:27:19
I saw this glitch on youtube one day, I don't think I can find it again but I have tried it on my Pearl version and it works.
Having Arceus at the front of your party and going into the marsh freezes your game when you enter a battle. It may only work in a certain place, i think the video went to a certain place with the train and went left to a battle. I did the same thing and my game froze when i entered a battle.
It may be worth noting this Arceus was hacked and was from my friend, and i can't try it again because i traded my Arceus to my Soulsilver version and i only have one DS.
I don't know if this works on Platinum, but it doesn't work on HG/SS.

edit: I found the video, it's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO4nSZEMWGE&feature=related

Re: D/P's Safari Zone doesnt like Arceus

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-08-16 23:37:27
Yes, this happened to my friend too, he had a [hacked] arceus at the front of his party and it caused the game to freeze at pla park. He thought it was his game, but it was the arceus :D

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-08-17 07:39:25
This is reported commonly, although I can't verify the problem because I only have an event Arceus. Bulbapedia presumed that any Arceus will cause the game will to freeze when it is the first Pokémon in a Safari Zone/Pal Park battle mode encounter, as long as it is holding a plate; although that is a fallacy, testing it on the US and JPN Diamond.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-08-18 20:34:55
The video below shows the glitch with both an event (Toys R Us) and hacked Arceus. Both are holding a Fist Plate. I'll test it on the Pal Park later and may upload a video. It's a shame I can't find my normal macro lens, as this one is less than desirable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXL5lGL0uoQ

Torchickens, you say that is a fallacy, but my event Arceus also triggered it. How did you test it?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-08-19 08:26:11
It was a European Michina Arceus (i.d. 2010) tested in the Great Marsh holding an (Iron Plate?) and the game did not freeze for some reason.

Date: 2010-08-20 03:23:51
Aside from OT and country of origin, the European Michina Arceus and the Toys R Us Arceus are identical. Perhaps the glitch was fixed in PAL versions of the game.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-08-21 06:10:18
"PAL" ? you mean EUR right ..

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-08-21 13:16:02
It doesn't matter.  PAL and EUR are interchangeable, as France (SCAM) is the only nonPAL country in Europe.

Date: 2010-08-21 14:05:20
Indeed I do. </stupid mistake>