Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

New D/P Glitch Found! - Page 1

New D/P Glitch Found!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-10-23 14:40:47
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=161438

Looks like Diamond and Pearl Versions may be glitchy after all… first we find the "Egg" Glitch Pok?mon, and now this! Someone has found a new glitch known as the "Darkrai and Sheimi Glitch", named so because you can use it to catch those two otherwise unobtainable Pok?mon. The gist of it is this: there is a glitch in the Elite 4 room that allows you to Surf through the door. Do this, and you can walk around in the blackness outside of the room. As you walk around in this blackness, you will enter other areas in the game. This can be used to reach the islands that Darkrai and Sheimi are on, although some trick with the Shinou Underground is also required. Because going underground requires you to save your game, however, there is a risk of game deletion with this trick, so be wary.

Looks like GCL may have a future in studying D/P glitches after all. ;D

Re: New D/P Glitch Found!

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-10-23 19:19:12
EEEEEEEE!!!!  Yay!  Excitement!  Fireworks! Pwituwwew! Glitches!
This makes me vera happy!!  Man, if there's this, mabye there's more!  Wish it'd work for Arsuresus (Or however his name's spelled).

I just hope that they don't edit it out of the North American version!!!

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-10-23 23:04:53
Please don't talk about DP glitches until it is released; we do not want the programmers removing them. :P

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-10-28 01:54:25
I'm overruling Pichu's decision.

Continue discussing D/P glitches.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-10-29 10:02:58

Please don't talk about DP glitches until it is released; we do not want the programmers removing them. :P
Nintendo already knows about it now. Thats why the videos are removed on youtube  :(
So make use of the japanese v. 1.00 glitches in silence except this one and this union room one where if you go to the union room upstairs in the pokemon league you apparently also get stuck in darkness.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-10-29 14:20:45
I say we send letters to Nintendo protesting them taking the glitches out.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-10-29 14:28:16
Guess people will have to obtain Darkrai legitimately then. :/

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-10-29 14:42:11
Yeah but there are still cheat cartridges, one person gets one then next thing you know the entire neighbourhood has a Darkrai. They either get the item or the pokemon from the wild. Also you can trade with anyone in the same region. Darkrai will be got one way or another….most of the time without the special event.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-10-29 20:37:15

I'm overruling Pichu's decision.

Continue discussing D/P glitches.

do you really think someone who works for nintendo will find our little island?? *cough* I MEANT WEBSITE! ^__^;;

Date: 2006-10-29 20:55:50

Looks like GCL may have a future in studying D/P glitches after all. ;D

Nintendo already knows about it now. Thats why the videos are removed on youtube  :(
So make use of the japanese v. 1.00 glitches in silence except this one and this union room one where if you go to the union room upstairs in the pokemon league you apparently also get stuck in darkness.

Well maybe we could study the glitches before they are removed?/Before they are relased?

We should have a little page on GCL about Diamond/Pearl

Posted by: barneyzhen
Date: 2006-11-03 22:00:02
::) ::)*Trys*
I looked it up and tried it
WORKS!!!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-11-16 17:39:04
Some Japanese people who have already done the glitch & got Darkrai & Sheimi… we could Wi-Fi trade with them! But I like the fun in doing glitches.  8)

Date: 2006-11-19 23:17:13

Some Japanese People Who Have Already Done The Glitch And Got Darkrai And Shiemi We Could Wi-Fi Trade With? But I Like The Fun In Doing Glitches.  8)
ah yes good point
=]

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-25 20:41:05
F-in' Nintendo >:(! Keep the glitches in!!!!! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT GLITCHES! WE WANT [size=8pt]G[/size][size=7pt]L[/size][size=6pt]I[/size][size=5pt]T[/size][size=4pt]C[/size][size=3pt]H[/size][size=2pt]E[/size][size=1pt]S[/size]

X__X

Posted by: m
Date: 2007-02-25 21:25:50

I say we send letters to Nintendo protesting them taking the glitches out.
im up for that - starts writeing really fast - done!