Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Something weird thing I remember doing in D/P (or maybe it was Platinum) - Page 1

Something weird thing I remember doing in D/P (or maybe it was Platinum)

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2014-04-20 17:17:36
I was walking through Eterna City and an NPC was blocking my way…eventually, me and her walked onto a tile at the same time, and I was on the same tile, essentially walking THROUGH HER! However, as soon I tried to move again, she was solid.

Anyone care to explain?

Re: Something weird thing I remember doing in D/P (or maybe it was Platinum)

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2014-04-27 17:38:24
Is anyone gonna reply or does nobody have a clue?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-04-27 17:52:25

I was walking through Eterna City and an NPC was blocking my way…eventually, me and her walked onto a tile at the same time, and I was on the same tile, essentially walking THROUGH HER! However, as soon I tried to move again, she was solid.

Anyone care to explain?

That's interesting. I've never experienced that before. It reminds me of how you can use a ledge to jump on to an NPC in Generation I, and also I remember hearing about a glitch where your rival would walk through you in Gold/Silver if you saved in his path at the Pokémon League when he goes to battle you on a Monday or Wednesday.

I also seem to remember the 'stand on a rock' glitch from that page being misinformation though. I tried it and I think it didn't work, but it's been so long ago.

I don't know why the glitch happens, sorry.

Posted by: Gravedigger
Date: 2017-05-06 11:09:29

Anyone care to explain?

I can actually tell you something more about this, and how this sounds like a paradox to what I've figured out. I mess around a lot with RETIRE and figured out quickly that you can get NPC's stuck in most areas looking in a certain direction, not moving anymore untill you open you inventory (like if you were using cut or something, all NPC's stop doing anything, only difference being that I can) basicly when NPC's walk from a tile onto another one their collision box is on bothe at the same time. I do however think that with proper timing I might be able to find the exact frame on which the collisionbox is about to appear and the NPC walks onto it, and if I manage to do this I'll update you on this