Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

I remembered something. (GEN IV) - Page 1

I remembered something. (GEN IV)

Posted by: MZDMommy
Date: 2015-04-24 03:56:56
Back in 2007, I was just a wee little manlet with a soft interest in glitch Pokemon. I'd had a copy of Pearl for a while, and had just gotten my hands on an Action Replay. So what do I do? Get myself an Azure Flute and grab an Arceus. Thing is, right after grabbing it, I wanted to see the splendor of DPBox for myself. Now, the following steps are just from memory. After writing this, I'm going to go test it to see if it works as I remember it.

Now, my reasoning for this bizzare little glitch is this: As DPBox appears, it messes with location data for tall grass. Once it's gone, the game attempts to fall back on the last Pokemon encountered before DPBox, which in my case gave the effect of a god herd grazing in the field. I certainly remember this happening and was able to load the other Arceus' into my Pokemon Ranch (don't know why I did.) and they still registered properly. I can't remember their levels or anything, and I can't guarantee that this will work as I stated (at the time of writing it was about eight years ago I did it) but I'll most certainly be trying it for myself since I would like to present it to you guys in an accurate manner. Feel free to try it yourselves, too.

-Manny