Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

The Cascade Glitch - Gateway to Gen IV ACE - Page 2

Re: The Cascade Glitch - Gateway to Gen IV ACE

Posted by: Gravedigger
Date: 2017-05-09 05:53:02

In your Torterra example, do the Pokemon's moves actually change or is it just cosmetic?

If they do, maybe one of the glitch moves can be utilized for ACE…

Even if not, maybe you could utilize the glitch to corrupt the Pokemon's moves?

This actually also happens with stable eggs of 's, same stats changes and text at the upper part, just something I noticed. I don't think that the moves actually change though in battle, but I can't test that bcs I can't fight anymore now.

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-05-11 18:02:24

Doing this on console also, I can't seem to get it to work either. 99% of any tweaking patterns I've tried on the fast bike just freeze the game instantly. Even the example shown on the first post doesn't seem to work, freezing like all the others… The one that slows down Jubilife City does work, strangely enough, but opening any menu froze the game.
Does the outcome of the tweaking depend on other factors (like items in the bag, party Pokémon, etc.), or does it just not work on console?

You have to have used the explorer kit before

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-05-13 07:11:19
Hey, thats pretty good.

Posted by: Spectramark
Date: 2017-05-21 07:15:15

Doing this on console also, I can't seem to get it to work either. 99% of any tweaking patterns I've tried on the fast bike just freeze the game instantly. Even the example shown on the first post doesn't seem to work, freezing like all the others… The one that slows down Jubilife City does work, strangely enough, but opening any menu froze the game.
Does the outcome of the tweaking depend on other factors (like items in the bag, party Pokémon, etc.), or does it just not work on console?

You have to have used the explorer kit before

This is on a save file with over 400 hours of gameplay. I've used the Explorer Kit at least a hundred times :P

Posted by: Jchu
Date: 2017-05-28 19:24:13
So THATS…how the tweak glitch works….O.o;;; I was doing it wrong all these years haha.

An L shape. I shall test this out when i get my new ds lite! LOL

Posted by: xylo
Date: 2017-10-29 16:35:05
Bit of a minor glitch, but you can make a Pokémon have a glitched name (?) via the Cascade glitch. See the video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-FoJsOiPRY

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-10-30 08:05:08
I don't entirely know how this works, technically… How is the invalid data loaded and why does this corrupt so much memory?

Posted by: xylo
Date: 2017-10-31 11:12:16

I don't entirely know how this works, technically… How is the invalid data loaded and why does this corrupt so much memory?

I don't think anyone knows exactly how it works, not even Cryo. But, as far as I know, it involves the map pointers set by reloading graphics in a certain subchunk and then performing a specific tweak. As for why it corrupts so much, I have no idea.

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2018-07-15 19:20:44
Please find a way to get Arceus etc.  using this! THX.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-07-15 21:33:06

Please find a way to get Arceus etc.  using this! THX.
You can already tweak to the Hall of Origin.

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2018-07-15 23:56:41
Well while its true you can load any map into the void, platinum patched the void with random tiles. Cascadeglitch has a lot of interesting effects like overwriting maps with garbage data and there are cases where pressing a button after doing it can instantly crash the game but nothing that will lead to smt major atm. At one point I hoped that by talking to tiles with an index above the highest used you could execute code (bcs bookcases, bins, townmaps, water… all load overlays when talking to them) but that lead to a dead end

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2018-07-16 11:51:10
Sorry I meant to ask if someone could upload a video on how to use it in Platinum to get them. Srry I was tired.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-16 23:00:56
It's impossible to get Arceus in Platinum currently.