Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Submissions for Gen IV Void Glitch FAQ - Page 1

Submissions for Gen IV Void Glitch FAQ

Posted by: Cryo
Date: 2017-02-17 09:48:01
Hey guys, I'm going to start working on a commentary-like video (similar to Stryder7x's videos, but a bit more user-friendly) this weekend explaining many aspects of the void in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (what it is / how it works / what influences it / safety / etc.), but I've been out of the loop for 5+ years now and I'm not entirely sure what's been made common knowledge and what isn't yet known.

It'd help a ton to get some help from the GCL community by hearing what you're unfamiliar with, what you'd like to see more explanation or detail on, things that aren't entirely clear, and other stuff like that.

That being said, what questions do you have about the void, or what would you want explained better?

NOTE: I won't really respond to questions on this thread, but any questions/requests have a good chance of making it into the video.

Re: Submissions for Gen IV Void Glitch FAQ

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-02-17 09:50:59
I don't know anything about how localizations are arranged in the void.
Nor why does teleportation work.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-02-17 10:01:18

I don't know anything about how localizations are arranged in the void.
Nor why does teleportation work.

RAM brah

My question?
How big is the void? Infinite? It has a border right?

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-02-17 11:10:02
Probably 16-bit or 32-bit variable value limits…

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-02-20 08:48:12
What happens when you move around ?
What are the mechanics between changing locations ?