Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Explanations for Rage and Acid Rain Glitch? - Page 1

Explanations for Rage and Acid Rain Glitch?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-02-26 05:43:13
4G glitches are harder to explain because of we don't have the tools that we have in 1G/2G glitchology. However, I was wondering if someone has some explanations about the way the Rage Glitch and Acid Rain Glitch works.

I know that in 1G, the Rage move continues until the Pokémon faints, or until there is no opponent; and each time the attacker was hit, its ATK modifier rises up. From 2G on, Rage has to be reselected every turn and there is a specific Rage counter which has the same effect as if the ATK modifier was risen. Though, at this point, if you stop using Rage, the counter goes back to 0.

When this was developed, a specific routine had to be done. Probably there is a flaw in the 4G version of it; for some reason, this routine probably requires a "refreshing" of the attacker's moves (maybe to check out if Rage was still used? I can't find out) and since the Pokémon is morphed during the glitch, it just copies the wrong moves.

Do you have some clues about this? As for the Acid Rain Glitch, I have no clue at all.

Re: Explanations for Rage and Acid Rain Glitch?

Posted by: Kraust
Date: 2017-05-20 12:18:41
This (as far as I know) was the first time someone discovered this glitch:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/54152536

At least, it was the first time I personally discovered it. The suspicion at the time was that the "Rage is building" Counter had some bad interaction with the Transform effect. Perhaps they share a similar flag and one of them and having both effects at once was causing some kind of overflow / underflow interaction?