Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Using RETIRE to heal yourself and break all graphics. - Page 1

Using RETIRE to heal yourself and break all graphics.

Posted by: Gravedigger
Date: 2017-05-07 14:38:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBmV_q-nQrA&feature=youtu.be

Baiscly using RETIRE around Heatran's area seemed to heal me, but seriously mess up all graphics.
no worries, opening anything will refresh the graphics and fix it :)

Re: Using RETIRE to heal yourself and break all graphics.

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-05-07 15:03:53
The main post about the RETIRE glitch says that nothing happens if there is no 4th script programmed in the map, but this suggests the contrary…

You've effectively discovered a major glitch here from just failing to tweak to Arceus properly, and that's great.

Posted by: Gravedigger
Date: 2017-05-07 15:07:35

The main post about the RETIRE glitch says that nothing happens if there is no 4th script programmed in the map, but this suggests the contrary…

You've effectively discovered a major glitch here from just failing to tweak to Arceus properly, and that's great.

I actually didn't even have a National pokedex in this video, skipped it by entering the ribon house in the void which made me get put outside in the resort area, luckely you seem to spawn in resort area with a bike? (no Idea why, first time I got a bike in RETIRE mode), which might make me able to tweak into the void again around there and get to the Heatran area with the bike still on me? :) Also this Is the third way to get RETIRE outside the void, the other being my SunyShore Hall of fame with RETIRE and the literaly just 'kys' method.

Also, I think this is the script after the vulcano errupts, maybe a beta version of it? or maybe it bugs out bcs I haven't entered the mountain with the cutscene but I have used the script?

Posted by: Spicr
Date: 2017-09-15 15:44:48
so, I got a similar effect by using a warp cheat (there is only one if you google it…) and changing the map id part to regigigas room (11b) (i don't actually know what the cheat does it's really weird). anyway, about 10% of the time when i soft reset the game and talk to the same specific trainers I get the healing/graphics breaking thing. Sometimes I also get a glitch battle. here are videos

https://streamable.com/99egw

https://streamable.com/xdld9

what I find weird is how sometimes nothing happens, sometimes i get healed and sometimes there is a glitch battle. it could obviously also be because of the emulator/rom/cheats that are messing with things.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-09-15 19:09:16
ROMs are verified easily by summing it then comparing it to the sum on DAT-o-MATIC.
Cheats can be rectified by providing it. We'll try to see what it does, if possible.
Emulator… is it a NDS rom? If so, throw your SAV and NDS into a zip, upload it somewhere (i recommend FileNurse) and send me a link and the cheat over PM. I'll test it on console.