Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Weird side effect of AR usage in Platinum - Page 1

Weird side effect of AR usage in Platinum

Posted by: Veigar
Date: 2018-08-07 03:30:26
I used my AR mostly for event stuff, like the Azure flute. However, when I try to go to the Battle Frontier, those two dudes (Flint and Volkner?) are always sitting there, blocking the path - I think you're supposed to have a double battle with your rival, but nothing seems to be commencing. Is there any way to fix this/was this caused by the AR usage? Can't say I've ever seen this before.

Re: Weird side effect of AR usage in Platinum

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2018-08-07 03:35:58
Pff theres one idea I have that couldve caused this, being that you might have triggered the script but it was unable to remove their sprites due to a flag not being set. This can be done with other sprites in other areas (arceus, starlys in lake verity, buck and barry below battle frontier, barry in oreburgh, spear pillar sequence break..' and that causes them to permanently stay there unless you can trigger the event again in an intended manor.

Posted by: Veigar
Date: 2018-08-07 05:54:47
Speaking of Barry.

I decided to hack my way past them (because they deserve it, they're douches for not moving) and after doing a bit of Battle Frontier, I can't find Barry ANYWHERE in Sinnoh. He was last at the Survival Area by that house that had gym leaders in it. Looked back a bit to see what codes I actually used:

- All event codes (Including things that just give you a special pokemon like the Deoxys or surfing Pikachu)
- Modifiers (mostly to mess around with dpbox)
- Shiny codes (I think I wanted to just see if this worked because I don't remember using it for very long)
- Rebattle codes (Most notably Mesprit because that seemed to disappear from my game as well)

All of these codes were used after the elite four was beaten for the first time.

I reckon it must've been the Wild Pokemon Modifier code or one of those codes that gave a special pokemon in the Poke-mart because I've never had this happen before. Using hacks to go through Flint and Volkner, the Battle Frontier behaves as normal (as far as I can see, that is.)

Do you think there's a way to re-trigger that sequence?

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-08-08 05:42:50

- Rebattle codes (Most notably Mesprit because that seemed to disappear from my game as well)

My bet is on this one. This code very obviously works by unsetting flags, and the issue you're describing is basically this, flags not being set correctly. So you probably did something wrong with this code, or the code itself might be bugged.