Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

(unsure if this is the correct way, but i need help!) Gen 4 games wont work - Page 1

(unsure if this is the correct way, but i need help!) Gen 4 games wont work

Posted by: Empire_rats
Date: 2020-05-28 16:22:39
(Excuse any poor English, it isn't my mother tongue, and i am also autistic. please try to be polite)
I have a 3DS XL console and (previously) also all three non remake gen 4 games. They wouldn't register as cartridges to the console and I am scared that my console has a problem. I didn't know where to turn except here (I am a massive fan!) and i wish to know how to fix this. They simply show up as the cartridge slot being empty. I do not have a copy of HG/SS to try, nor do I have a regular DS to attempt this on. My mother (I am a teenager not a basement dweller) has already thrown them away in a blind rage, so i wish to know if it would've been possible for these to be fixed or worth buying new ones. Thank you.

Re: (unsure if this is the correct way, but i need help!) Gen 4 games wont work

Posted by: Háčky
Date: 2020-05-28 19:32:41
Whenever Ive had a DS cartridge that the console doesnt detect, Ive found that cleaning the cartridge contacts using a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol fixes it.

Im sorry to hear that your mother doesnt respect your possessions.

Posted by: POMEGBERRY
Date: 2020-06-16 10:30:54
Hello!

Are you sure the copies were genuine? Generation IV games are easily pirated. Normally, the console detects these kind of copies as if there was no game inserted. Do you remember if the golden bars on the back were dirty? As Háčky said, you could've clean them with a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol.

Hope this helped!

Posted by: Empire_rats
Date: 2020-06-20 11:14:01
I have attempted cleaning them, and two of them my parents bought on launch day, from a GAME store (British Gamestop) so they're most likely legit.

Posted by: POMEGBERRY
Date: 2020-07-15 02:39:30
Hmm, do you have any other games that work on your console? DS games, that is. Now when you mentoined it that you got it at the launch day, I'm starting to doubt that the games were pirated, but it IS possible since GameStop sometimes sells these kind of games, especially older ones.