Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Oversight/glitch cry in Platinum? - Page 1

Oversight/glitch cry in Platinum?

Posted by: POMEGBERRY
Date: 2020-06-15 09:58:03
Hello.

I hope I'm posting this in the right place as I'm new to the forum. Today I encountered an "oversight"/glitch (I believe it's one) when I was scrolling through my party in Platinum. I had about two hatched Pokémon, Magmar and the rest of the party were Eggs. While in the summary screen, I was pressing the D-pad quickly enough for the Pokémon in view to skip the animation and cry out of boredom until I ended at one of the Eggs and stopped. The cry of the Eevee that was before was played on the Egg's summary page.

I couldn't find this glitch documented anywhere, thus I deeply apologise if I bought up already known topic. Also I apologise if there are any grammar mistakes, English isn't my first language.

With regards,
Pomeg.

EDIT: Here is the link to the video I have taken of it. Excuse the poor quality.
https://youtu.be/h7bwjTZYtWk

Re: Oversight/glitch cry in Platinum?

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2020-08-10 12:01:30
That's actually potentially interesting if it's not the cry of the previous pokemon but actually the cry of the pokemon inside the egg (since i assume your egg was an Eevee as well). That could be useful for finding which pokemon is in an egg before it hatches - so not THAT useful but still something

Re: Oversight/glitch cry in Platinum?

Posted by: POMEGBERRY
Date: 2020-08-12 11:34:02
I have attempted the same thing with an egg from different parents and diverse party members (none of them were the same species), and I've found out that it sadly serves no purpose.
The Pokémon inside should be a Shinx this time (you were right about the first egg holding an Eevee), however, it still gained the cry of the Pokémon above it.
I have no problem with sending over another video of it if needed!