Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation V Glitch Discussion

Pokémon Black and White, bad Double Battle oversight - Page 1

Pokémon Black and White, bad Double Battle oversight

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-10-19 16:36:42
I don't have the game, although I recently read about an undesirable Double Battle glitch where if the player is forced to send out two Pokémon, though only one Pokémon is available to send out on to the field, the game will ask the player to send out two Pokémon, though since only one Pokémon is available, the battle can no longer be continued after the game asks the player to send out the second Pokémon.

For example, say you enter the Battle Subway - Doubles (which uses four Pokémon):

Turn 1: Player sends out Pkmn1 and Pkmn2, Pkmn2 attacks Pkmn1 and faints it.
Turn 2: Pkmn2 survives the opponent's attacks and player sends out Pkmn3.
Turn 3: Pkmn2, outrunning Pkmn3 uses Explosion, fainting itself and Pkmn3, the opponent attacks and the usual "But there was no target…" message is given.
Turn 4: The player is left with one Pokémon, though the game still asks for two Pokémon so the player cannot proceed after the game asks the player to send out a second Pokémon.

I'm not sure if this has since been fixed in (perhaps a later version), though to say the least it might hinder some competitive battlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVNMqvz9SwY

Edit: Never mind; apparently you have to replace a Pokémon that just fainted with the one you're sending out, by selecting the last Pokémon first and then the fainted Pokémon.

Re: Pokémon Black and White, bad Double Battle oversight

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-10-23 10:15:34
Aww….the video was removed :(. But that sounds cool, its good to know that there are glitches in 5th gen :).

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-10-23 10:38:11

Aww….the video was removed :(. But that sounds cool, its good to know that there are glitches in 5th gen :).

Actually this one isn't a glitch  :(, (read the note I put at the bottom of the first post). Though its interesting how when playing through a Japanese Pokémon game it seems that sometimes only the 'simple things' are those which prevent you from going any further (I don't have Black and White, though the hardest thing when I played Japanese Diamond was finding out I needed to go back to Twinleaf Town to deliver the Parcel).

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 17:14:36
I am pretty sure this was fixed because if you are left with only one Pokemon in a double battle, you continue the battle with only that Pokemon, but your opponent can still use too if they have enough left.