Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation V Glitch Discussion

Black & White - Page 1

Black & White

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2010-11-01 21:49:16
_ _ _ _ _:
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/Album2/BlackWhiteMissingNO.png[/img]

Fightin' EGG:
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/Album2/BlackWhiteFightinEGG.png[/img]

Fightin' Manaphy EGG:
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/Album2/BlackWhiteManaphyEGG.png[/img]

Re: Black & White

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-11-01 22:49:28
Can someone test if using —– in Gen V is possible using the pomeg glitch?
Or moreover, if the pomeg glitch itself is possible in Gen V?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-11-02 03:10:10

Can someone test if using —– in Gen V is possible using the pomeg glitch?
Or moreover, if the pomeg glitch itself is possible in Gen V?

I haven't seen any Pomegging experiments in Black and White yet (I don't own the game). Though this time —- appears in the party and it is selectable. Apparently the game resorts to the Pokémon modulo 4096 if a Pokémon identifier is >4096 (i.e hexadecimal: 1XXX 2XXX etc) (e.g the game resorts back to Ivsyaur before Pokémon hexadecimal: 1002 (4098) is fought), so no hybrids can be directly encountered - because this code simply modifies the flag not the actual Pokémon in battle) in this Generation :(. Though someone could try forcing the species data another way (e.g. fossil manipulation) and see if the game surpasses the invalid Pokémon 'trap' this way.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-11-02 12:01:44
is the icon of —– in 5th gen the same as the "unseen Pokémon" icon in the Pokédex ?

Date: 2010-11-02 14:00:01

is the icon of —– in 5th gen the same as the "unseen Pokémon" icon in the Pokédex ?

I don't think so actually, I just had a look at a Japanese video showing the National Dex and a blank entry displayed green text, "Undiscovered" instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ6NuG2FLE

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-11-02 22:42:36

Though this time —- appears in the party and it is selectable.

I'm pretty sure it was in Gen IV - just in Gen IV getting it through my method was only temporary (essentially making the game think you have no pokemon)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-11-11 17:16:06
has anybody tried transferring the hybrids from gen  IV to gen V?

Posted by: TMTRAINER
Date: 2011-11-09 17:46:36
Sorry for the necrobump, this information is still valid.

If you try to transfer a pokemon hybrid, I assume (I don't have the current tools to test) that you would get the standard 'This pokemon can't be traded' handler for error pokemon.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2011-11-15 22:32:56

Though, if we traded a hybrid with the same ID as a B/W Pokemon, would the B/W Pokemon appear in B/W with all the same moves as the hybrid?

Or what?

Date: 2011-11-16 07:59:32

Though, if we traded a hybrid with the same ID as a B/W Pokemon, would the B/W Pokemon appear in B/W with all the same moves as the hybrid?

Or what?

I once attempted this. Since the Pokétransfer download-play program uses the Generation IV icons, and not the Generation V icons the post 493 Pokémon appear as the mini-sprite equivalent (e.g. 494 = Egg, 495 = Bad Egg, 496 = Deoxys-A...) or otherwise ordinary '?' icons (including hybrids which are post 0x8000 anyway) sometimes with glitchy palettes.

Sorry for the necrobump, this information is still valid.

If you try to transfer a pokemon hybrid, I assume (I don't have the current tools to test) that you would get the standard 'This pokemon can't be traded' handler for error pokemon.

That's correct. It says "This Pokémon cannot be caught with Poké Transfer."