Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation V Glitch Discussion

Glitch Pokemon in Pokemon black are boring. - Page 1

Glitch Pokemon in Pokemon black are boring.

Posted by: 0ErrorYT
Date: 2018-02-22 11:54:49
So i used Wack0's Invalid pkhex to place invalid Pokemon into the PC. When I opened the PC I got this message:
An error has occurred. Please reset your DS. (or something like that)
The hex of the Pokemon was 777, if it matters. The same message apperad if I injected it into the party. I ended up just deleting all Pokemon from the party, and trying to open it just crashed the game without the message, hinting at a subroutine like this: If Pokemon index > last valid Pokemon, Then display error message and crash game.
I suck at coding though so I'm probably wrong

Re: Glitch Pokemon in Pokemon black are boring.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-02-22 17:49:35
That message is a masked crash, yes, but only due to invalid Mon data like sprites causing bad shit to happen.
tl;dr: The DS's version of the 0039 crash.

Re: Glitch Pokemon in Pokemon black are boring.

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 17:04:35
They are pretty boring but the target Pokemon still exists if you battle without a Pokemon. It still counts as over 62k Pokemon and will create Pokeballs everywhere if you try to heal at a Pokemon center.