Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Bad Egg in XY? - Page 1

Bad Egg in XY?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-10-13 11:44:40
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1oc976/ive_just_found_an_egg_in_my_box_that_was_obtained/

Discuss.

Maybe it's a placeholder for a Pokemon they shouldn't have been able to get yet? Idk.

Got an update from twitter. Looks like the step counter probably started on 0 and every step I take puts the counter further into the negatives. Gonna box this baby and play the game. At the end of the main story I'll hopefully find somewhere where I can tape B/D-pad and run perpetually and see what happens.

Until then, it's a mystery and shall remain so until Pokesav comes to XY.

It's been a journey.

Re: Bad Egg in XY?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-10-13 13:42:14
Damn the bad egg seems to be more common than a glitch placeholder nowadays. Jesus

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2013-10-13 14:41:06
Wow, an egg with the date set to 0?

so, wtf would it hatch into?

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2013-10-13 15:12:33
That's really odd. Indeed, what would it hatch into?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-10-13 16:07:04
Yolk. Haha

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-10-14 08:08:19
Strange. I wonder how it appeared? I'm under the impression it's not necessarily a 'bad egg', just a glitchy 'egg' otherwise its name would be different. If spike3607 is right and the number of steps to hatch it started at 0 I guess it'll hatch after 65536 steps, maybe but the game might also stop it underflowing.

He said in his video that it was still there after restarting his save, suggesting that it is probably something to do with the game itself.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-10-14 12:41:56
I think there's going to be a patch if this happens to everyone.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-10-14 13:43:17

I think there's going to be a patch if this happens to everyone.

There's a save glitch too, I'm sure there will be a patch soon for all of this.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-10-29 13:39:04
There will only be a patch if this happens to more than just a few People, I haven't had anything like this happen yet. Didn't he state that it happened in between getting the 2nd badge and fourth badge or something? I wonder what type of event could trigger this glitch… And I wonder if it'll ever hatch. :P I kind of wish it would happen to me, I just love glitches is all. :V

Posted by: joonas2345
Date: 2013-10-29 15:57:55

Didn't he state that it happened in between getting the 2nd badge and fourth badge or something? I wonder what type of event could trigger this glitch…

He wrote:
Yeah, got game today and caught my 7th Poke between the first and second gym. Went to retrieve it, and there it was.

He also mentioned that he used wonder trade before encountering some ("normal") pokemon (in grass), that was sent to PC, and then the egg was waiting there (in PC)  (The 7th Pokemon wasn't replaced with the egg)
Could the wonder trade be connected to this glitch?
See the bottom of this page for more information: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67476139?page=6

He also wrote

Got an update from twitter. Looks like the step counter probably started on 0 and every step I take puts the counter further into the negatives.

I don't know what this update is, but here is his tweet to nintendo America: https://twitter.com/harlanagresti/status/389260093750915073/photo/1

Date: 2013-10-29 16:04:01
So that's what he said, I watched the video but it was about a day ago I watched it. :V I wonder if it would happen later on in the game, i'm going to try it out… ^_^

Date: 2013-11-05 13:42:03
Sorry for the double post but there have been reports of bad eggs appearing via wonder trade. Just recently hackers figured out the data structure of a Pokemon in X/Y, and can be extracted from the game with the extension .pkx. Someone injected a hacked shiny Gible into their game not too long ago. If hackers understand exactly how that Shiny Gible was injected into the game, they could change the values in the .pkx file to pretty much obtain any Pokemon, probably including the bad egg. If the news on how to inject Pokemon into the game goes public, we could do research on "bad egg" from Gen 6 and any other glitch Pokemon that may lurk within the code including items as well. Unfortunately if it is known there are going to be hackers who abuse this and will distribute hacked Pokemon to players, which I hate. But from a technical standpoint and being the geek I am I'm actually wouldn't mind if this was figured out, at least from a research standpoint not a cheating one.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-11-06 16:06:21
Okay, the guy made an update video on this.

The effects he is describing are very interersting.  VERY interesting.

Very interesting because I had exactly the same effect happen to me on Emerald after messing around with some codes years ago.

Exactly the same, down to every detail.  I'm fairly sure they even spawned in the same box position.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2013-11-07 03:59:20
More about the Wonder Trade Bad Eggs:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1911857-mystery-eggs/

I might risk my awesome team and switch to an empty box and go actively catching low-level pokemon and wonder trading them to try and get these "Mystery Egg" things.

Ya know, for research purposes…

Date: 2013-11-07 07:51:39
Alright when i get off work today I'm going to experiment with this glitch. If I succeed I'm going to see if i can extract the .pkx file of any eggs i may get. For research purposes of course.