Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Some weird XY glitch (supposedly) - Page 1

Some weird XY glitch (supposedly)

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2014-05-23 13:56:00
Please note that this did not happen to me and there is, of course, no real proof that the person is telling the truth or not but it doesn't seem that far fetched and I found it rather interesting (especially since there aren't many known XY glitches as it is), so I thought I'd make a topic about it to see what you guys have to say.

Here is what they said:

I wanted to play Pokemon X after a long hiatus and I turned it on.
When it loaded, all my Pokemon were gone but a level 8 Skitty, which
was presumably mine, and no Pokemon were in the box or in the
daycare. I had all the badges, and was in Lumonise city so I decided to
go catch some more Pokemon, but all the ones I ran into were the
legendary birds but they flee before I could even attempt to catch them.
( which was unlikely, my Skitty can't do that much, lol.)

Anyways, I ended up having to restart it for a fresh start, but has anyone
ever head of this happening or has it happened to them?

Out of curiosity I asked them if just one of the birds appeared or all three, and they said that they all appeared, not just whichever one s/he should have gotten based on whatever starter s/he picked at the beginning of the game.

I don't really see why this person would have any reason to lie about this since it's not really anything spectacular, just really obscure and bizarre, and it wouldn't really be the first time some extremely bizarre glitch happened in a Pokemon game anyway (kind of like the mystery egg glitch that happened so soon after the games were released, haha), but I'm curious as to what you guys have to say about this, and what could have possibly caused something like this to happen… well, unless of course you think they're just lying  ;)

Re: Some weird XY glitch (supposedly)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-24 11:46:30
I'm not convinced personally.

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2014-05-24 17:24:48
I'm not particularly convinced either which is kind of a shame because I'd love to see some more crazy XY glitches. Alas, all we have are the mystery eggs which never seemed to happen ever again. :(

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-24 18:11:56

I'm not particularly convinced either which is kind of a shame because I'd love to see some more crazy XY glitches. Alas, all we have are the mystery eggs which never seemed to happen ever again. :(

I don't really know about mystery eggs.  Where can I read up on them? 

After looking at the page below, they are basically gen IV bad eggs from 2000.  Ok, that makes sense. 

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-24 18:14:13

Yeah, it would be cool if there were more interesting Pokémon X and Y glitches. There are various minor glitches which can be found here and maybe its talk page, and we do have cloning.

Plus, if you search Youtube you may find X and Y glitches undocumented on Bulbapedia. EXP282 found this interesting glitch where if you hatch an Egg during Pokéradar the music will stop and if you then enter battle and exit the evolution music will play. I'm not sure if that's been patched, I hope not because it seems pretty harmless.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-06-05 22:00:55
I call bullshit, sounds like a story someone made up so they could tell their school friends a "cool Pokemon glitch." (like Pokegod/Missingno crap from the 90s) Did you read this online?

I'm not convinced, considering XY isn't that "glitchy" anyway (in terms of major glitches)

Plus lol, Skitty.

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 17:40:41
Except Missingno is real.