Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

ORAS Surfing Wailmer evolve freeze - Page 1

ORAS Surfing Wailmer evolve freeze

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-12-02 08:32:29
Found this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2o0di4/psa_i_found_a_game_crashing_bug_regarding_wailmer/

Will quote the contents just in case the post gets deleted.

Wailmer, as we all know, has a special surf sprite. If you let it evolve while you are surfing on it, your game crashes and both screens go black.

Can anyone confirm?

Re: ORAS Surfing Wailmer evolve freeze

Posted by: Kraust
Date: 2014-12-03 20:28:21
This should be p. easy to trigger. You can catch a Lv 40 Waimer with a Super Rod and feed it a Rare Candy while surfing on it.

I'm using Patch 1.1.
It didn't work via Rare Candies. I'm going to try and battle.
It didn't work via trainer battles either. It could be something that was fixed in the 1.1 patch.

Edit: I didn't do it on the route he mentioned.

I'm using US/Alpha Sapphire. My Sprite Changed after the Wailmer Evolved (back to the normal one).

Re: ORAS Surfing Wailmer evolve freeze

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-12-12 06:44:22
My version is Omega Ruby. I tried the water west of Mossdeep in v1.0, both via leveling up and by Rare Candying, and it didn't work. I also tried Route 134 via leveling up and Rare Candying and it still didn't work.

So I tried a few different things; I encountered a Trainer near Shoal Cave and evolved Wailmer during the battle, and that didn't work, but maybe that route doesn't work anyway. I also made Wailmer learn a move by level up (Bounce at level 45) before the evolution west of Mossdeep. Sadly that didn't work either.

Someone said this works with Carvanha. I know an NPC implied surfing with it is different, I've yet to Surf with Carvanha though.