Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Muting Mauville Food Court (Generation VI) - Page 1

Muting Mauville Food Court (Generation VI)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-02-21 07:33:09
In Omega Ruby, I was riding around on my Mach Bike and went into Mauville Food Court.

The music was silent. I have this memory that even the exiting sound effect was silent but I'm not sure if that's a false memory.

I tried to replicate the glitch but I couldn't.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Muting Mauville Food Court (Generation VI)

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2015-02-21 08:10:51
I don't have a 3DS but what you describe reminds me of the silent Route 214 bug in Diamond and Pearl.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czBkVvIuKBg

I guess it's not the exact same type of behavior but perhaps it's triggered in a similar fashion?

Re: Muting Mauville Food Court (Generation VI)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-02-21 08:55:26
Yes, in the past I've tried that glitch found by Paseguud and a similar glitch to mute Sendoff Spring itself. Then there is also the GB Sounds glitch that lets you mute the music, as well as (more relevant to Omega Ruby), the Poké Radar music glitch.

But I tried doing vaguely similar steps (starting from a place with different music, cycling, getting to the Food Court) to the mute Route 214 glitch (this is probably irrelevant since we're dealing with a Generation VI glitch) and the glitch didn't work. I have just remembered that I went into Crooner's Café (and getting from outside of the café to the Food Court does not require a connection) some time before, but I tried going into there, riding the Bicycle or not to the Food Court and it still hasn't worked yet.

Thanks for the suggestion though.