Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Dragon Ascent Move Tutor Glitch - Page 1

Dragon Ascent Move Tutor Glitch

Posted by: MarcBrightside
Date: 2016-10-07 22:48:45
So, according to Bulbapedia, there exists a glitch in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire which means that if you encounter catch Rayquaza during the Delta Episode with all 31 boxes filled, you can instead forfeit it and teach Dragon Ascent to whichever Pokémon you tried to switch it with (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_VI#Dragon_Ascent_Move_Tutor_Glitch).

My question is, how do you go about filling up the PC, since the 31st box is hidden prior to catching Rayquaza? Bulbapedia says that you can do this using Pokémon Bank, but this doesn't seem to work for me; even with 30 filled, box 31 is still inaccessible until I catch the dragon. Any suggestions that don't involve hacking/external devices?

Re: Dragon Ascent Move Tutor Glitch

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-08 05:18:35
I might hack my save a bit to test it out later.
Use PkHeX if using the retail version. Then create some Pokémon in box 31, and set the "unlocked boxes" flag to 31 boxes unlocked.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2016-12-21 07:50:37
As far as I can tell, the glitch was discovered by someone who cheated to fill their Boxes. They speculated that it would be possible to do using Bank, but as you demonstrated it isn't.

Since the glitch cannot be performed without cheating, I've removed it from Bulbapedia.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-21 10:23:39
Ummm, did you full all boxes proggressivly? Like, fill all 7, then fill all next ones. You need at least one Pokémon in each box.