Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Tweaking in gen 6? - Page 1

Tweaking in gen 6?

Posted by: Codabra
Date: 2018-07-08 22:28:18
I was on the old hall of origin forum and I just found this.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dpFU4E8.jpg[/img]
The forum died before anybody could actually research it. Here is the original thread http://halloforigin.proboards.com/thread/1413/tweaking-xy

Re: Tweaking in gen 6?

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2018-07-08 23:08:26
Its clearly stated at the end of the forum that it is all a hoax though? Even in gen 5 tweaking was patched by optimised loading times I doubt it would be reimplemented in gen 6 in a completely different kind of game

Posted by: Codabra
Date: 2018-07-08 23:34:41
I literally know nothing about code so this is the best response I could come up with. First off 2 different people showed it one of them had an actual photo the took themselves (the one I had in the first post) Theres also I pic in Japanese with the loading zones presumably. Its possible that by pure coincidence a very similar glitch was put in. I mean theres so little documentation of this it may be like tweaking at all.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-07-09 12:16:20
I think the origin might be the Super Training void effect which is possible on an unmodified ROM. While a side effect of Generation VI glitch Eggs and Generation VI 724+ glitch Pokémon, there is no known way to obtain them without a firmware exploit or another means of hacking.

I have a video of this effect and mentioned it on a Bulbapedia article I created in 2015.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to explore the void this way, only get blocked by it or have the game freeze.

Another curiosity is this glitch in Sun/Moon which applies to Pokémon Centers/a Pokémon Center (because of its risk I haven't tried it), but like before I don't think you can explore different places.

Posted by: 0ErrorYT
Date: 2018-07-17 21:28:24
I wonder if you can use a WTW cheat. Glitch maps in ORAS have been shown to brick the cart when invalid Pkhex it used to set it (trying to load a non existent name on continue screen) but it looks like you cant save in this state due to Y not being press able. I may try it tomorrow

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-18 10:36:24
This doesn't brick the cart. If it's impossible to start a new game due to this, it's still possible to delete the save data, possibly using CFW.