Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

pokemon puzzle challenge - Page 1

pokemon puzzle challenge

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-02-09 19:28:14
Ok so I've had this puzzle challenge rom on my computer for a while and I haven't played it in a while and I decided "What the hay I'll play." But some weird things have been happening on it. Ok, well it's really one thing but still.
When I'm playing a puzzle the picture of the pokemon or pokemon (depending on if I'm doing the challenge or puzzle or what not) is oddley inverted.
What's really wierd is that it some times flickers back and forth from inverted to regular and it's even worse if I'm challenging a gym leader or something and the blocks are stacked up high. Then the picture(s) flicker so fast I feel like if I stare at it for too long I'll become epileptic, although I don't think that's how it works, but it's still very dizzing.
Any one got a explaination or something?

Re: pokemon puzzle challenge

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-09 19:31:33

Ok so I've had this puzzle challenge rom on my computer for a while and I haven't played it in a while and I decided "What the hay I'll play." But some weird things have been happening on it. Ok, well it's really one thing but still.
When I'm playing a puzzle the picture of the pokemon or pokemon (depending on if I'm doing the challenge or puzzle or what not) is oddley inverted.
What's really wierd is that it some times flickers back and forth from inverted to regular and it's even worse if I'm challenging a gym leader or something and the blocks are stacked up high. Then the picture(s) flicker so fast I feel like if I stare at it for too long I'll become epileptic, although I don't think that's how it works, but it's still very dizzing.
Any one got a explaination or something?

Could be the computer, or the emulator.
What coumputer, or emulator are you using?

Date: 2008-02-09 19:57:20
I'm using a pc window XP operating system and the emulator is a VBA but I haven't had problems with it before.

Date: 2008-02-09 19:59:17

I'm using a pc window XP operating system and the emulator is a VBA but I haven't had problems with it before.

Strange…………
Try it with no$GBA.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-09 20:01:08
Maybe the ROM that you were using was faulty.

Date: 2008-02-09 20:03:00

Maybe the ROM that you were using was faulty.

I had a corrupted ROM before, but my computer said that the file inside the ZIP. archive is either corrupted or has an error.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-09 20:06:30
Hm…well… I have seen working, yet, corrupted ROMs before.

Date: 2008-02-09 20:07:23

Hm…well… I have seen working, yet, corrupted ROMs before.

I have too…….
I have one.

Date: 2008-02-09 20:20:49
I switched to my VGB and now it's working better thanks.
I still don't know why it didn't work on my VBA.