Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Transferring pokemon between Pokemon XD and Colosseum - Page 1

Transferring pokemon between Pokemon XD and Colosseum

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-05 14:43:55
One time I got really bored, so I decided to see what would happen if a pokemon from pokemon XD was imported to Colosseum and vice versa. What I found out is that something very strage happens with the pokemon from XD when put on Colosseum. For some reason the game knows that the pokemon was from Orre but doesn't know where it was caught/snagged so a random in game location is displayed which made me chuckle a little when I saw it. A Gardevoir from XD said Apparently met at Mt. Battle at level 20. (the level it was Snagged at as a Ralts in XD.)  On occasion though the correct location it was snagged/caught in might be listed but it is only able to happen if the area exists in Colosseum though.

As for pokemon XD, if a pokemon is transferred over from Colosseum, then it will say Met in a distant land. If one were to follow the chronology of both games then a player might realize that the just traded with someone indirectly from five years in the future or past!

As a last note: for all of you noobs who have not played either of these games, you can only do this by trading to a GBA game from the gamecube and then trading to the other game with the same GBA game. This may not be a glitch but then again the random location thing in Colosseum is kind of strange. We need more people in these forums that are willing to go through the trouble of Pirating Gamecube games for research. (and no I'm not telling anyone to pirate them from  directly this site either. I'd do it myself but I have a shitty connection that seems to be my router. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it because I get in trouble with my bitch of an aunt who lives with me so fixing my connection is out of the question.)

Re: Transferring pokemon between Pokemon XD and Colosseum

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-02-05 15:25:34
A trade with the future/past? Imagine if that were really possible. Anyway, where WAS this Ralts actually obtained?

Date: 2009-02-05 16:48:56
In pokemon XD you have to Snag it from one of the Cipher Peons at ONBS news station which was converted from the old pyrite building seen in Colosseum.

Yeah a trade with the past and future, speaking in chronology. At the same time it feels more like a glitch than anything else. Oh, both games also recognize that purified shadow pokemon from the other game have ribbons.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-02-05 16:53:22

A trade with the future/past? Imagine if that were really possible.

Wasn't that a possible with Gold, Silver, and Crystal?

Still, an interesting find. I would try to research it if I could find those games.

Date: 2009-02-05 17:03:46
There really isn't much to research. What happens I've already listed and that's pretty much it. Kind of sad in a way really. This is kind of off topic but in the Purify chamber tutorial in Pokemon XD if you look in the PC box used in the demonstration, you'll notice a Shadow Loudred in the PC. (which is not a shadow pokemon available for Snagging.) The person doesn't grab it though and use it for the demonstration. (She picks up the Shadow Carvanha instead which is snaggable.) Still interesting regardless.

Edit: I do need someone to confirm it for me. I've done it several times but since I'm the only source many people are going to say I'm lying so if someone wants to volunteer to check this out it would be great. Thanks!