Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Could we obtain a trainable Bonsly in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness? - Page 1

Could we obtain a trainable Bonsly in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-08-20 11:52:11
I was wondering which decamark has an identical hex value to the Bonsly on the minigame 'Battle Bingo' on Pokemon XD as it is briefly usable on the 'Special' Bonsly pass but it only knows rock slide.

If we found the identical hex on any of the advance games for this Bonsly to trade onto Pokemon XD would we find out a little more about this Bonsly and whether we could trade it onto the actual game?

The other option would be to force Bonsly right into the first slot that is if anyone here has a Gamecube emulator or a cheating device for the Gamecube, perhaps it could learn certain TM moves that it can also learn in Pokemon D/P/Pt.

Here is a video of Bonsly briefly in battle in Pokemon XD:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JpxhmAhTms[/youtube]

Munchlax is also obtainable with the use of a code on the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVGFSMw69pA[/youtube]

Re: Could we obtain a trainable Bonsly in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-20 12:21:11
With the Munchlax video, it might be possible to edit some hexes and maybe even force Munchlax into a friend area.

You probably could force a hex with Bonsly as well.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-20 15:37:18
To be honest with you, I've actually wondered the same thing. (In Bonsly's case.) I could actually go through with it since I have a working Gamecube Action Replay. The Problem however would be getting the codes. I've never heard of a Wild Pokemon Modifier code for Pokemon XD but I'm sure somebody could create one as long as they knew what they were doing. They would also need a master code as well.

Also this is kind  of off topic but in the Purify chamber Tutorial, a Shadow Loudred is breifly seen in the Pokemon PC Featured in the demo. I can't help but wonder if it is possible to make a Shadow Pokemon Modifier code as well. That way any pokemon could be turned into a shadow pokemon.

I've also wondered what kind of Decimarks are hidden in Colosseum and XD as well.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-20 21:21:58
My guess is that Bonsly has no data outside what is necessary for Battle Bingo stuff, and transferring it to RSEFRLG would result in a Decamark.

Date: 2009-08-21 09:17:23

To be honest with you, I've actually wondered the same thing. (In Bonsly's case.) I could actually go through with it since I have a working Gamecube Action Replay. The Problem however would be getting the codes. I've never heard of a Wild Pokemon Modifier code for Pokemon XD but I'm sure somebody could create one as long as they knew what they were doing. They would also need a master code as well.

Also this is kind  of off topic but in the Purify chamber Tutorial, a Shadow Loudred is breifly seen in the Pokemon PC Featured in the demo. I can't help but wonder if it is possible to make a Shadow Pokemon Modifier code as well. That way any pokemon could be turned into a shadow pokemon.

I've also wondered what kind of Decimarks are hidden in Colosseum and XD as well.

I had a good search for you and found the following codes:

Master Code - Must Be On (US)

MBJX-CMVT-1XDM6
V9TR-XQZQ-6NX80
8JKU-WUUV-AM4VB
7J3T-X2RQ-DVYXJ
P669-Y9AW-ZU3J5
P7QD-ETW4-1E3T0
A9PZ-99MP-N69CC
3X1D-4E8Q-443MB
W3B4-7MEH-9ZJPZ
VBG7-4N52-TGAND

Master Code - Must Be On (PAL)
6T4E-DTMR-DEM8R
9UTF-EZVQ-157XV
63JU-Q19M-W9UB1
MBZJ-A077-HFTJ4
W886-YWG4-EV95U
HXFM-YRXR-A5DD0
C2HC-GTVW-6BB7Z
GBW7-1KZV-228FQ
FA7T-05BU-QJ8JU
RF2G-P578-T1X52

1st slot modifier (US)

Bonsly
CN1X-UR77-05ZJC
4G9V-Q7BU-EMBUM

1st slot modifier (PAL)

Bonsly
G4GX-7DVG-R6FCR
YVDW-EWUX-56CDC

For the actual structure of these codes though I do not know how to edit the pokemon value that corresponds to Bonsly because they do not use hexadecimal letters. I'm sure the structure of these types of codes is quite different and although contains letters other than 1-F I think they excluds some particular letters and since have a different structure its quite hard to see anything similar with these codes because of my lack of experience with this formatting:

(1st slot is: All (US) )

Bulbasaur
R5KT-7H80-JQ3M5
09NJ-97XH-0CQPG

Ivysaur
YJXC-FGTH-RGF1C
JNVG-UJQG-PJWP2

Venusaur
DHPH-0JXH-ZE95C
4M0E-MAB2-E1EZV

I don't have an action replay for the gamecube but I hope these codes work for you Glisp, the R/S/E equivalent would probably have a lot data insignificant to the actual Bonsly on Pokemon XD but if the ordering of i.e abilities are the same to XD on R/S/E maybe it would be a particular hybrid with the Rock Head ability.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-22 00:44:13
If we could possibly teach this Bonsly a HM, could we possibly create a working, in-game cart hybrid?

Date: 2009-09-06 13:05:50
Probably yes but it's likely that the XD will simply give some sort of error trap which I think usually is 'This Pok??mon is illegal.' or something along those lines as that happens when you try to trade an event Pok??mon to (or from?) Pok??mon XD without legitimate data on the extra byte that confirms whether it is real or not (I forgot what it is called) since decamarks likely have no data for such information to confirm whether they are legit it might give the same error.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-09-07 05:20:34
Bonsly (and it's Decamark equivalent) don't need a legit byte, but they do need to be at least level 30.

However, the Decamark has glitched experience which will render it unusable as a Bonsly in XD for VS. Mode (don't know about trading) if it is used in battle or given a Rare Candy.

Posted by: jo12100
Date: 2018-12-02 14:44:59

Which demo are you talking about? I can't find that shadow Loudred anywhere

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-12-02 14:51:30
They seem to imply an in-game demo? And, they said it's "briefly seen", so maybe you just missed it.

Date: 2018-12-03 13:05:47
Thanks, I finally found it, and did a RAM dump to get that extra-Shadow, now I'm struggling to keep it shadow with tools and discover its moves.

At least I got it, not like those shitty Extra Shadow of Colosseum.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-03 18:01:57
What do you mean by extra Shadow? The e-Reader exclusives?

Date: 2018-12-04 15:10:32
No no Shadow Pokemon that the Japanese text mentions like Shadow Poygon2.
Unfortunately there is no leftovers for them unlike Shadow Loudred.