Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

A hybrid team for Pokemon Stadium - Page 1

A hybrid team for Pokemon Stadium

Posted by: Invghost
Date: 2014-11-05 15:12:52
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, however most of the other ones are dead.

I only recently got Pokemon Stadium and I'm trying to find the best Hybrid Team to run through Pokemon Stadium with. I have Pokemon Yellow, so all pokemon will come from that, using the Mew Glitch to get whatever Pokemon I need.

My first idea is to get a Hitmonchan, merge it with an Alakazam to get the elemental punches, then stablize it, giving an Alakazam with Psychic, and I/T/F punches and it's original stats.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Once again, sorry if this is the completely wrong forum.

Re: A hybrid team for Pokemon Stadium

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-11-05 15:48:32
Well, if Pokémon Stadium doesn't check for move errors, then you could give a Pokémon practically everything, by continuously merging Pokémon with moves to a Pokémon so it has all the moves you want, and then merge it with the final Pokémon.

Also, having all 3 Elemental Punches on a Pokémon is one of the most common mistakes when teambuilding. Ice and Thunder already give enough coverage, so it would be better to replace Fire Punch with something like Seismic Toss for Special Walls, Recover for Healing, Reflect to tank physical hits better, or Amnesia to boost Special.

Re: A hybrid team for Pokemon Stadium

Posted by: Invghost
Date: 2014-11-05 16:35:03
I think amnesia will be the best bet.

Does anyone else have any good thoughts on the other 2/5 ones to put in the team?

Edit: I have added an Aerodactyl combined with a Sandslash to get: Fly, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Slash (remembering how broken this is since it's based on Speed.)