Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Question About Colosseum/XD Glitches - Page 1

Question About Colosseum/XD Glitches

Posted by: greentyphlosion
Date: 2015-09-19 09:10:27
Not tried this myself yet as clearing out and restarting either game would take me a while, but I had an idea about a potential glitch.

I've searched online to see if anyone has tried this, but found nothing yet.

I am reasonably certain that in Colosseum and XD the AI is programmed to switch if any of their Pokemon are under the effects of a move such as Yawn or Perish Song (this is certainly the case with higher-level trainers, such as those in the Orre Colosseum, and some in-game bosses such as Gorigan and Evice). My question is what would happen if the opponent switched out their Shadow Pokemon on the same turn you tried to catch it - would you potentially be able to capture another Pokemon on their team?

I would assume there is some sort of mechanism to prevent this from ever happening, but, as I mentioned, I have not found any details of this anywhere else. If anyone's willing to try it or has already done so, feel like sating my curiosity? :)

Re: Question About Colosseum/XD Glitches

Posted by: Háčky
Date: 2015-09-19 10:13:33
Wouldnt the Snag Ball be thrown before the opponents switch takes place?

Re: Question About Colosseum/XD Glitches

Posted by: greentyphlosion
Date: 2015-09-19 10:37:50
I'm not sure - Bulbapedia lists switching and using items as both being at +6 priority in Generation 3. I'd imagine it would, though. That's disappointing.