Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Missigno in Pokemon Colosseum and XD - Page 1

Missigno in Pokemon Colosseum and XD

Posted by: Dante
Date: 2016-08-30 17:00:21
I tried to look for it online but I could find anything about it so… There's someone with a gameshark that ever tried to put a Missigno in his team in Colosseum or XD? Or even tried to trade ??????? from Ruby to Colosseum?

Re: Missigno in Pokemon Colosseum and XD

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-08-30 17:09:24

I tried to look for it online but I could find anything about it so… There's someone with a gameshark that ever tried to put a Missigno in his team in Colosseum or XD? Or even tried to trade ??????? from Ruby to Colosseum?

Colosseum/XD have actually decent error handling. Any invalid Pokémon becomes an empty space.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-30 17:41:25
Colosseum has error handling??? Game Freak could NOT have made something of THAT caliber…

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-08-30 19:18:14

Colosseum has error handling??? Game Freak could NOT have made something of THAT caliber…

Didn't Pokemon Stadium have this..?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Pokemon Stadium only allowed Pokemon with index numbers that matched those of the original 151 or the 251 (GSC). Anything other wouldn't be played. Not sure about Pokemon with illegal movesets though.

Date: 2016-08-30 20:33:17

In fact it was developed by Genius Sonority, not Game Freak  ;D

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-08-31 01:12:47
You can't trade MissingNo. from Ruby to Colosseum because you can't have MissingNo. in Ruby.

But talking about general glitch Pokémon, I'm not sure how it works with Stadium, other than you can send MissingNo. and also generate Bad Clones ("?????"/Pokémon hybrids), but I don't think you can send above-(1G)hex:BE or above-(2G)hex:FB glitch Pokémon in those games.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-08-31 03:45:52

You can't trade MissingNo. from Ruby to Colosseum because you can't have MissingNo. in Ruby.

But talking about general glitch Pokémon, I'm not sure how it works with Stadium, other than you can send MissingNo. and also generate Bad Clones ("?????"/Pokémon hybrids), but I don't think you can send above-(1G)hex:BE or above-(2G)hex:FB glitch Pokémon in those games.

What about hex:FE Eggs ? (Or is it FD ? Dunno.)

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-31 06:30:56

In fact it was developed by Genius Sonority, not Game Freak  ;D
SEE? I knew it! :D

Date: 2016-08-31 09:49:48

I called it missigNo but I meant "??????" C:

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-08-31 13:56:14
Yep, I know. Didn't mean to be annoying or so, but I think it's important we don't confuse "glitch Pokémon" with the one that is specifically called MissingNo. (which is already rather imprecise, since there are many) :)

What about hex:FE Eggs ? (Or is it FD ? Dunno.)

I have no clue but I don't think so. Wouldn't hex:FD have RAM values that would activate an error trap?

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-01 08:08:26

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Pokemon Stadium only allowed Pokemon with index numbers that matched those of the original 151 or the 251 (GSC). Anything other wouldn't be played. Not sure about Pokemon with illegal movesets though.

From what i know, In Stadium 1, glitch Pokémon would turn into Ditto's. Not sure about Stadium 2 though.