Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Badge guy arbitrary code execution possible? (Red/Green/Blue) - Page 1

Badge guy arbitrary code execution possible? (Red/Green/Blue)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-09-24 12:42:43
In Red, Green, and Blue you can swap entries in the Cerulean City badge describer's list of badges, as well as lists in an elevator, and you can get glitch options.

When I loaded glitch options in an elevator, I mainly was only able to change the floor with one, except for one exception where I encountered a wild Vulpix, but if you get glitch options (such as ?????) in the badge man's house, you can get freezes.

I suppose it's possible that certain badge guy glitch options would execute code from the memory.

In Midori v1.0, thanks to "memdump" you can use て (hex:7E) arbitrary code execution in probably the easiest way though, if you have the right name (or there's always 5 in RGB but you need a Pokémon bootstrap code for it).