Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Strange NPC controlling effect - Page 1

Strange NPC controlling effect

Posted by: Flandre Scarlet
Date: 2016-03-19 18:48:17
Note this requires 8F and I haven't tested in anything outside US Red/Blue so I can't confirm the results on other versions.

—————The Code——————
8F
Anything
Lemonade x(0,2-255, 1 reverts to normal)
X accuracy x0 A bit difficult to get but not too hard
Carbos x193
Pokeball x119
Fresh Water x201

Credit to Wack0 for the template
——————————————-

—————-Effects——————–
Sprite stays in the same direction it was before (Not shown in video but if you activate your bike you will get on the bike facing the same direction as before)
Can sometimes walk through NPCs
Warps are weird and can disappear causing you to crash
Control of some NPCs (notably mobile ones) at the cost of getting stuck until you fix it (note controls are inversed up = down left = right etc.)
Can get stuck on walls possibly you control more sprites than NPCs
Still won't animate if you activate walk through walls
Forgot to test ledges or put them in video will edit when I have time
Setting Lemonade to 1 and activating again restores normal control
Carries over through doors
Only works in caves or buildings (all buildings work so far)
Seemingly doesn't carry over after flying
Won't carry over after resetting from a save with the effect active
Can make NPCs who won't normally turn turn sometimes ex Pokemon Center nurse or Cable Club Lady
EDIT: Clefairy in Pewter Pokemon center and the Pokemon in the Pokemon fan club move Snorlax doesn't work because its outside
Teleport Panels work fine
Spinning Panels are weird the ones they generally cause the player to transform either into a rocket/gentleman in the Rocket Hideout or Oak/Giovanni in the Vermilion Gym and then cause the screen to scroll down with the player walking down slowly while going in the intended direction the map is off so collisions are weird because???
——————————————-

Video [youtube]https://youtu.be/eWXtvflqPfU[/youtube]

Re: Strange NPC controlling effect

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-03-27 09:20:03
I am doing so much stuff that I don't do it myself, but suggestion : place a read breakpoint on this address in BGB, and look up in Pokéred which routine reads this.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-03-27 12:09:06

I am doing so much stuff that I don't do it myself

Yeah, what about that PRAMA page you need to finish?  :P

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-03-27 12:59:12
Joker.