Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Transferring customizable Pokémon from Red/Blue VC into Sun/Moon. - Page 1

Transferring customizable Pokémon from Red/Blue VC into Sun/Moon.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2017-02-01 18:13:22
I've made a setup to efficiently "farm" Pokémon in the Virtual Console releases of Pokémon Red/Blue, with the aim of transferring over to Pokémon Sun/Moon. To anticipate future updates of the guide, the guide will be on this pastebin.

However, there are some issues with the guide. As explained in the guide at the top, some of the techniques and terminology aren't fully explained, and some edge cases aren't properly explained either (such as required items appearing in the trainer ID slot). If there are any uncertainties/confusing parts with the guide, please feel free to respond in this thread so I can fix it.

Re: Transferring customizable Pokémon from Red/Blue VC into Sun/Moon.

Posted by: SHHunter777
Date: 2017-02-19 17:16:16
I've been messing around with 8f all day, and I've been looking up ways to get Ditto into Pokebank. I love the Alternate Catch em All method because you don't have to battle at all, but every Ditto appears at level 2. This makes it impossible to transfer up without leveling it up. Is there a way to change the level using this method? Thanks for your reply.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-02-19 21:02:56
Wait you can't transfer level 2 Ditto? I thought only legendaries have a level limit…

Anyway the level of the Pokemon depends on the last Pokemon you fought.

Date: 2017-02-20 10:19:12

Wait you can't transfer level 2 Ditto? I thought only legendaries have a level limit…

Anyway the level of the Pokemon depends on the last Pokemon you fought.

Sadly yes, as far as I am aware all levels have to seem legit. I don't know for sure.
Is that so? I'll test that now and will post results. Thank you

Date: 2017-02-20 10:35:08
Tested, and no. I still got a level 2. I'm using this script:
* Any item
* 8F
Repel                x[SpeciesIndex]
X Speed              x14
Ultra Ball          x64
TM05                x72
Lemonade            x201

no matter what, I always get a level 2. Help?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-02-20 11:32:04
camper was wrong, to change the level you need to replace the Ultra Ball with an item whose ID matches the desired level.
Refer to this for a chart.
Also you can restrict yourself to have only 7 of said item, the code should work anyways.

Date: 2017-02-20 11:42:50
Thanks man! Been refreshing the page all day for a response. So let's say I want a level 15 Ditto. Would my setup look like this?

* Any item
* 8F
Repel                x76
X Speed            x14
Paralyze Heal    x64
TM05                x72
Lemonade        x201

I want to be absolutely sure, thanks for your reply!

Date: 2017-02-20 11:52:49

camper was wrong, to change the level you need to replace the Ultra Ball with an item whose ID matches the desired level.
Refer to this for a chart.
Also you can restrict yourself to have only 7 of said item, the code should work anyways.

Just tested, yes! This works like a charm. Thank you so very much

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-02-21 05:36:15
Sorry about that, I just assumed it was the battle method without reading your post through.

Posted by: Laffeyh
Date: 2017-06-07 11:21:44
Hey there,

is it somehow possible to change the ball, the pokemon is put in using the alternative Catch 'Em All glitch?
And is it somehow possible to put the Pokemon not into the team but in the current active PC box AND give Shiny DV in the same step?

Guess it's kind of the same thing like you posted above.

Have a nice day,
Laffeyh

Posted by: Flandre Scarlet
Date: 2017-06-07 19:49:15

Hey there,

is it somehow possible to change the ball, the pokemon is put in using the alternative Catch 'Em All glitch?
And is it somehow possible to put the Pokemon not into the team but in the current active PC box AND give Shiny DV in the same step?

Guess it's kind of the same thing like you posted above.

Have a nice day,
Laffeyh

It is not possible to change the ball as the ball a Pokemon is caught in isn't stored in Gen 1's data so when transferred it is always treated as a regular Pokeball. To put a Pokemon into the PC box without having to capture it is possible but is is easier to just catch it or obtain it using the alternative Catch 'Em All. To make it Shiny assuming you are in English Red/Blue and it is the first Pokemon in the box use this code.

[Any Item] x Any Number
8F
Lemonade x 170
X Accuracy x 178
Carbos x 218
Pokeball x 119
Fresh Water x 201

Use this code once then get rid of 1 X Accuracy and use 8F a second time to set all the proper IVs to what is needed for a shiny. From there you can transfer it and get your shiny in Sun/Moon. Note this Method is not the same as the one used in the original post and is far easier to perform for a obtaining a single Pokemon but not as good for obtaining large quantities of said Pokemon.

Posted by: arlec
Date: 2017-06-25 01:40:19
Hello, this is my first post on this site and I hope I am posting at the right place :). I have been playing with 8F for maybe a week and I really like what you can do with it. I am at the point where I transfer pokemon from my Red version to my Crystal version (cartridges) and also with my virtual console to pokemon Sun and I was wondering since Pokemon Crystal see some index pokemon as Generation 2 Pokemon, is it possible to tweek a missingno enough for it to be seen as the Generation 2 pokemon by the pokebank so that it passes through as a Ho-Oh for exemple? I haven't been able to change the type of my pokemon yet and I think this is my next step to bring Missingno. into my Crystal cartridge.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-06-25 09:38:38

is it possible to tweek a missingno enough for it to be seen as the Generation 2 pokemon by the pokebank so that it passes through as a Ho-Oh for exemple?

Crystal (what about Gold and Silver?) store the caught location in the Pokémon's data so Bank could technically check the location ID once it's updated, which would mean that any Ho-Oh not caught atop Tin Tower would not be allowed.

Posted by: forsyz
Date: 2017-08-15 16:34:38
only crystal has caught data

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-08-15 17:00:24
I guess it'd be possible to edit a Pokémon to be valid for GS purposes, if caught data has to be added that'd require ACEing Crystal. Complicated matters.