Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Need help with finding registers - Page 1

Need help with finding registers

Posted by: TheHooked8F
Date: 2017-04-09 10:05:02
I found this tidbit of information while scrolling through the 8F thread by ZZAZZ glitch.

Impressive. Great work on finding all those extra tricks and an alternative to k(y's code too!

I'm gonna re-post the CPU registers for D322 that you added as a caption in your video.

af = 6300 [a=63, f=00]
bc = 22B8
de= 0001 [d=00, e=01]
hl= D322 [h=D3, l=22]
All flags reset

It got me wondering; how do you find the cpu registers for a certain value? If anyone knows, please tell me.

Re: Need help with finding registers

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-04-10 05:28:19
What do you mean ? How do you check the register's values at a certain point in execution ?
This can be done with the bgb emulator by placing a breakpoint where you want to examine the registers' contents.
Once the breakpoint is hit, the registers' values will be displayed in the upper-right corner of the debugger window.

Re: Need help with finding registers

Posted by: TheHooked8F
Date: 2017-04-10 09:05:25
Ah, thank you. This should help me in the future.