Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Pokemon Yellow, change Pokemon's exp value via ws m - Page 1

Pokemon Yellow, change Pokemon's exp value via ws m

Posted by: Moraxno
Date: 2017-07-07 01:34:50
I want to change a Pokemon's exp on my Yellow VC so it gets a certain nature when bringing it to PKMN Bank. The problem is, that it would be a little annoying to calculate a "legit" exp value for each Pokemon for different levels. So my question is: What happens when I set a Level 50 Pokemon's exp to lets say 2500 and then gain a level? Would it just take a shit ton of exp to do? And could I transfer this Pokemon to Bank? Or would it detect the changed exp value?  :o

Thanks for you help in advance ;D

Re: Pokemon Yellow, change Pokemon's exp value via ws m

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-07-07 09:03:35

I want to change a Pokemon's exp on my Yellow VC so it gets a certain nature when bringing it to PKMN Bank. The problem is, that it would be a little annoying to calculate a "legit" exp value for each Pokemon for different levels. So my question is: What happens when I set a Level 50 Pokemon's exp to lets say 2500 and then gain a level? Would it just take a s**t ton of exp to do? And could I transfer this Pokemon to Bank? Or would it detect the changed exp value?  :o

Thanks for you help in advance ;D

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean here, but if you reduce the experience to that of below the Pokémon's level the Pokémon will drop levels after gaining experience or being deposited and withdrawn from the box.

That said I'm unsure how Pokémon Bank handles the experience thing and there's a chance the level for the Pokémon's new experience that you manipulated would not be calculated, meaning you could possibly get a nature for the same experience value regardless of level (but that's speculation and I don't know the answer for sure, it's possible Poké Transporter could recalculate the level like if you withdrew the Pokémon from a box).

Re: Pokemon Yellow, change Pokemon's exp value via ws m

Posted by: Moraxno
Date: 2017-07-07 16:04:13
Well that is basically the answer I wanted ^^. I'll just go ahead and try it ;D