Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Custom Trainer ID Question - Page 1

Custom Trainer ID Question

Posted by: Regiultima
Date: 2017-10-26 10:40:02
After successfully getting myself a shiny Mew from Pokemon Yellow, I decided I want to farm high IV Dittos from Yellow until I get some good ones.  However, in the process of getting a shiny Mew I changed my ID to the GF ID.  I would like to change it to 00115 and by following the guide linked below.  However, I came across an issue.

Guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5q8zlg/getting_gen_1_mew_in_yellow_guide_does_not_work/

I started by taking 00115 and converting it to hexidecimal: 0073
Then I split the four digit Hexadecimal into two sets of two numbers: 00 and 73
When I went to convert those back into decimal, that's where the issue sprung up.  00 in decimal is still 0.  I can't have 0 lemonades in my bag and still have it be my third item in my inventory.  Do I just move all the other items up a slot?  What is the solution so I can get the ID I desire?  Thank you for your help.

Additional Info:
-I am using an English US version of Pokemon Yellow
-My bootstrapping party consists of:

-The item code I've been using is:

Re: Custom Trainer ID Question

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-10-26 10:48:47
Use
Lemonade  x1
Soda Pop    x4
*Rest of code*

Re: Custom Trainer ID Question

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-10-26 11:01:42
Ninja'd by Couldntthinkofaname.

But yeah. If you modify your code to this, the first ID will be reduced by 1, allowing you to get the 00 73 combination. :)

Any item
WS M
Lemonade x01
Repel x115
Carbos x211
X Accuracy x88
Soda Pop x 4
Water Stone x115
TM01 x1

The Soda Pop x4 can be anywhere after Lemonade x01 but before Water Stone x115.

Another solution is to use an expanded items pack to find a Lemonade x0 and dig it up from the x-coordinate byte. After swapping the X Special x1 in place, make a few steps back and move here, where you should find a Lemonade x0.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nU0UmdV.png[/img]

However be very careful not to press A on lag/unterminated name glitch items or the game will freeze and you could lose your save file, and also be very careful not to swap one stack of Lemonades with another stack of Lemonades, or the game will attempt to merge them and you won't get your Lemonade x0 stack.

Hope this helps!