Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

So why does nobody use 4F for ACE? - Page 1

So why does nobody use 4F for ACE?

Posted by: Anna Says Hi
Date: 2017-12-13 15:35:00
Seems a lot less intrusive to use up your day-care slot than to carry a 5-mon party around. Sure, you'd have to use 8F to set up the 4F bootstrap, but it's only 4 bytes long and you pretty much never have to worry about accidentally destroying your bootstrap. Is there some other thing I don't know about that requires day-care data?

Re: So why does nobody use 4F for ACE?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-13 15:48:12

Seems a lot less intrusive to use up your day-care slot than to carry a 5-mon party around. Sure, you'd have to use 8F to set up the 4F bootstrap, but it's only 4 bytes long and you pretty much never have to worry about accidentally destroying your bootstrap. Is there some other thing I don't know about that requires day-care data?

Good idea! :) You need to use the Day Care to stabilize a hybrid, but yeah I don't think anything else requires Day Care.

It's interesting that 4F (hex:59) executes the same address in both Red/Blue and Yellow (FA65 (equivalent to DA65)), so in Yellow it could be used as an alternative to ws m (hex:63) as well.

Re: So why does nobody use 4F for ACE?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-12-13 16:27:04
I've actually made a thread about 4F, right in this board. You can find it here: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=8056.0 ; ;D

And yeah, I think it's always a better shot and always recommend people to use this item instead, at least in yellow :)