Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

[request][help] Clone Pokemon Using "ws m" ACE in pokemon Yellow. - Page 1

[request][help] Clone Pokemon Using "ws m" ACE in pokemon Yellow.

Posted by: Inkblot
Date: 2018-01-28 16:35:36
So I didn't realize ACE had its own child forum, so I deleted this post from the Main one and a new one here.

So I have been doing a lot of ACE on the virtual consol versions of RGB and GSC. I have been looking for ways to clone pokemon in gen 1, but the 2 main methods I found are hard to pull off in the virtual console games, and can potentially delete your save file. I have tried trading my pokemon to gen 2 as its a lot easier to clone in that gen, but it seems to have an odd side effect where once I trade my pokemon back to gen 1, I can't nickname them even though they still have my original trainer ID and OT. I recently found a cool code using 8f that lets you clone pokemon using the daycare, but I can't seem to find something similar for Ws m. There is also another code that lets you clone using the box, which is nice as it would perserve the EXP of the pokemon. Is there a way to translate the code for either of these to use in yellow version? Or is there another possible way to use ACE in yellow to clone pokemon that isn't like the ones listed before?

The code that uses 8f can be found here: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6638.msg200226.html#msg200226
And here is the other one that uses the box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xP_gIV0tk

I really want to do this in yellow version, as I just like that version better and would rather play it rather than red and blue.

Re: [request][help] Clone Pokemon Using "ws m" ACE in pokemon Yellow.

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-01-28 16:54:29
Try

X Accuracy x113 (hex:71)

Carbos x218 (hex:DA)

Max Revive x1 (hex:01)

TM01 x[Any qty]

Date: 2018-01-28 17:18:18

This is for the Daycare method. I am currently unable to acces the video linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xP_gIV0tk (here is the link again just in case parentheses messed with it)

Ok cool! Thanks a lot!

Date: 2018-01-28 17:19:42
Actually, I was only unable to view the video as I am currently on a school PC with a strict firewall.

EDIT: Haha, I realise now that i've made a silly mistake with the code. Give me a second to fix it

Fixed.

Date: 2018-01-28 17:20:54

Actually, I was only unable to view the video as I am currently on a school PC with a strict firewall.

Yeah, I understand. Would it be possible for you to look at the video later when you can access it and see if there is a way to make it work on yellow as well?

Date: 2018-01-29 12:10:24

EDIT: Haha, I realise now that i've made a silly mistake with the code. Give me a second to fix it

Fixed.

I actually found the post on this forum that the clone pokemon in box video uses.

Easy (ish) cloning:
Prerequisite: box 1 is empty and the pokemon to clone is in another box. The pokemon to clone also cannot have any HMs.
You will also need the standard 5 pokemon 8F setup.

Inventory:
* any item x any
* 8F
* Lemonade x 19
* X accuracy x 128    (127 if using yellow, but then I don't know how wsm works.)
* Carbos x 218
* Poke ball x 119
* TM01 x any

Procedure:
* Change to box 1 and use 8F
* Move the pokemon to clone into box 1
* Release all the pokemon in box 1 by releasing from the top of the list repeatedly until the box is empty.
* Use 8F again. The box is now filled with unstable hybrids of your pokemon and 'M (FF)
* Withdraw as many as you want and use the daycare to stablize the hybrids. They should all stablize to be the originally deposited pokemon.

The last step is not necessary if you want to transfer the clones to sun/moon. Just transfer the box, toss 18 lemonade, use 8F, and withdraw the original pokemon.

Also, You wouldn't happen to know a good guide on how to use the 8F helper program would you? I tried using it to translate the codes I found to ws m Format, but i couldn't really get it to work without giving me list with glitch items in it, or how to get it to translate to Yellow format (if it can at all). I just wanna find out how to do this stuff on my own so I am not constantly asking for help on these forums ^^;

Date: 2018-01-29 12:23:37

Also, You wouldn't happen to know a good guide on how to use the 8F helper program would you? I tried using it to translate the codes I found to ws m Format, but i couldn't really get it to work without giving me list with glitch items in it, or how to get it to translate to Yellow format (if it can at all). I just wanna find out how to do this stuff on my own so I am not constantly asking for help on these forums ^^;

Item helpers are incapable of determining what adaptions need to be made to convert to Yellow. Yellow only differs from Red RAM wise in that, starting at a certain point, that RAM addresses of Yellow are -1 of Red's. Exempli Gratias, if you wish to force an encounter in Red, you would edit $d059, but in Yellow the edit would go to $d058.

Understanding basic ASM can help you make these adaptions manually. Usually, most code devs will use "ld l,$xx" for the lower byte of the adress to edit, so in yellow such an edit would be "ld l,$xx - 1"

Date: 2018-01-29 12:39:04

Item helpers are incapable of determining what adaptions need to be made to convert to Yellow. Yellow only differs from Red RAM wise in that, starting at a certain point, that RAM addresses of Yellow are -1 of Red's. Exempli Gratias, if you wish to force an encounter in Red, you would edit $d059, but in Yellow the edit would go to $d058.

Understanding basic ASM can help you make these adaptions manually. Usually, most code devs will use "ld l,$xx" for the lower byte of the adress to edit, so in yellow such an edit would be "ld l,$xx - 1"

Ah ok. so is that why the box clone code says to lower the value of one of the items by 1 to work on yellow? Also does that mean the other adresses do not need to be changed, and thus if i used the setup in yellow using ws m, it would work? Or do the other adresses need to be changed? and in that case, would that mean just lowering the item amount and/or changing the item to be a lower hex value?

EDIT: I am just trying to wrap my mind around this. I know there are list online that have the hex values for the items in gen 1, so i am assuming if i know which adresses are -1 for yellow, I could look up those list and change the items/amounts of those items to the proper values.

Date: 2018-01-29 15:40:06

Sorry to bump you again, But I did some research and to understand what you said a bit better. from what you said, does it mean that only Items that use the asm instruction Id l,$xx would need to be changed to -1 the value for Red and blue? and thus everything else should be the same?

Looking at the code for the daycare cloning method, I see you set the x accuracy to 113, which is the decimal value for a hex of 71. the original code called for x accuracy of 72. So i can understand the reason as to why 113 was used to change it to work with yellow. however is there something different about ws m that makes it read the amount of the item as a hex in Red and blue, and a decimal in yellow? and would this mean that the box cloning method would need more changes then just lowering the value of the x accuracy's?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-01-29 16:48:04
It depends. That's the best answer we can give you ; depending on how the code is built, you may need to change things that are non-obvious.
(Plus, sometimes you must change item IDs instead of quantities. Again, depending on the code)

Date: 2018-01-29 17:01:08

It depends. That's the best answer we can give you ; depending on how the code is built, you may need to change things that are non-obvious.
(Plus, sometimes you must change item IDs instead of quantities. Again, depending on the code)

well, i'll give the box code a try on yellow and see if it works. If it doesn't I'll come back and see if anyone can help me figure it out.

Date: 2018-01-30 08:15:38
I just realized that the box cloning glitch might not work in yellow as ws m requires a box set up instead of a party set up. that would mean if i switched to box 1 and used ws m, it would probably crash the game. that means i will have to use the daycare method, unless another method of cloning with ACE in yellow is found.

Would there be a possible code that could potentially do the same thing as the box clone glitch, but with the party?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-01-31 06:05:39
Yep, at least in theory. You'd just have to write to the party count instead of the box mon count.

Date: 2018-03-04 10:45:09
I know this post is a bit old, but i have tried the codes that were suggested here and they don't seem to work for me. I might be doing something wrong, but the code listed above doesn't seem to let me clone via the daycare (i put the pokemon in, take it out and use the code, but it just asks if i want to deposit another pokemon). The code that was given to me on my other post makes hybrids, but I might have been doing something wrong as well as even though they became mews, their moves and names were glitched. so I am in need of some help.

I could really use a cloning code that would let me clone a pokemon without having to use the day care, like the code mentioned above where it clones in the box. I don't want to use the daycare as that resets the experience to the base value, and i need to keep the experience they have as I am planing on transfering these up to gen 7. However with yellow ACE using pokemon in the box to execute code, I am not sure how i would go about doing something like this. Maybe if there was a code that cloned pokemon in your party (Take pokemon one and put its data into pokemon 2's slot, without making a hybrid), then that would work. I'd try and come up with a code myself but I don't know anything about coding or ACE. If anyone can help It would mean a lot.

Date: 2018-03-04 18:41:50
Apparently, the original creator of the code I ported for you wrote to $DA72. When I ported it for Yellow, I simply subtracted the address -1 to get $DA71. However, upon further analysis, it appears neither of these addresses point to anything useful.

Try:
Carbos x69 (hex:45)
X Accuracy x218 (hex:DA)
Lemonade x1 (hex:01)
Poké Ball x119 (hex:77)
TM01 x[Any qty]