Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

The french version of Offgao's memory editor doesn't seem functional - Page 1

The french version of Offgao's memory editor doesn't seem functional

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-05-27 04:38:04
I first tried to write it at DB00 on real hardware with this setup:

Lemonade x 0
CascadeBadge x 219
Repel x 0
Hyper Potion x 44
Max Revive x 0
????? (0x2C) x 44
????? (0x2C) x 44
Full Heal x 201

I changed the number of Lemonades by dropping some each time. It seemed  to work well, and after double checking bytes were indeed written. So i jp'd there, and then the game crashed.

So i tried on emulator (by copypasting the code directly into the relevant address) and the same happened, i tried to put the code at DB00, DA80 and DA85, the game crashed each time. I was able to execute the english version on an english rom however, so the problem seems to be that the french version is broken somewhere (that or i messed up somehow).

EDIT: After checking both codes, the only difference is a 31 becoming a 4E. Is it really the only thing that needs to be changed in order for the program to work on a french game ?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, i managed to get it to work at DA80 (i have no idea why it didn't work the first time i tried at this address).