Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Catch Em All Help - Page 1

Catch Em All Help

Posted by: ads1230
Date: 2018-07-12 17:05:45
Hi!

I have been trying the script below and getting mixed results.

A repel quantity of less than 99 gives me the desired result.

When I try to go over 99 (using the old man glitch) the game resets and I lose all my saved data, this has happed twice now.

Can anyone help?

Game: Blue, UK, 3ds virtual console

Pidgey (233hp)
Parasect
Onix               
Tentacool
Kangaskhan lvl1 evolved from missing no

ALTERNATIVE CATCH 'EM ALL script
Random item
8F
Repel                x[SpeciesIndex]
X Speed              x14
Ultra Ball          x64
TM05                x72
Lemonade            x201

Re: Catch Em All Help

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-13 12:36:55
Does the UK version use US addresses, or EU?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-07-13 13:20:55
Hi ads1230. Welcome here.  ^^

Not sure what might be happening but it could be that MissingNo. is duplicating an item it shouldn't like the TM05, as any item with a quantity below 128 in slot 6 will be duplicated.

Additionally beware if you're obtaining glitch Pokémon as those with Dex numbers greater than 152 or equal to 000 can affect inventory items. You can look those up using the GlitchDex.

Sorry to hear you've lost your save file twice. Installing 3DS CFW may be a good idea as you will be able to backup and reload your save files, however it can take a while to do and when I did it there was a chance of risk of bricking during the process (which may be able to be fixed but can be a pain).

Hope this may help and good luck!

Does the UK version use US addresses, or EU?

It uses US addresses.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-07-13 14:36:01
Installing CFW can take a few hours, but nearly all of that time is waiting. It's wicked easy: just go on http://3ds.guide/ and follow a few directions.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-14 06:15:36
And bricks are basically impossible – especially with ntrboot, since even if your console's memory is toast it can still boot on the cartridge slot.

Also, you said "when I try to go over 99 (using the old man glitch)", what do you mean? THis sounds like you're doing something wrong.

Posted by: ads1230
Date: 2018-07-15 08:22:02
Thanks for all the help!!

I changed my 8F setup slightly to reduce errors (and to make sure all Pokemon go straight to the PC rather than my Party).
I also avoided glitch pokemon as they changed the 6th item quantity.

Party
1 Any Pokemon
2 Pidgey (233HP) - Level Up to 100, Use HP Up to increase HP to 233
3 Parasect  
4 Onix
5 Tentacool
6 Arbok (on Blue I got this whilst levelling up Pidgey via the Ditto glitch, Special Needed: 45)
**Ref: https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Arbitrary_code_execution**

Bag
1 Any item (I used Masterballs)
2 8F
3 Repel                x[SpeciesIndex]
4 X Speed            x14
5 Super Repel      x7    This gives Lvl 58 - can use other items to change level
6 TM05                x72
7 Lemonade        x201 (get x73 then use the missingNo/M glitch)
**Ref: https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7833.0**
Item needed for different levels: https://glitchcity.info/wiki/The_Big_HEX_List

After the box was full, and I switched boxes, I used this advice to prevent save deletions:

1 Save
2 View a Pokémon's summary
3 DON'T SAVE, SWITCH BOXES, OR ANYTHING.
4 Use 8F.

————————————————————————————————————————————–

Hi ads1230. Welcome here.  ^^

Not sure what might be happening but it could be that MissingNo. is duplicating an item it shouldn't like the TM05, as any item with a quantity below 128 in slot 6 will be duplicated.

Additionally beware if you're obtaining glitch Pokémon as those with Dex numbers greater than 152 or equal to 000 can affect inventory items. You can look those up using the GlitchDex.

Sorry to hear you've lost your save file twice. Installing 3DS CFW may be a good idea as you will be able to backup and reload your save files, however it can take a while to do and when I did it there was a chance of risk of bricking during the process (which may be able to be fixed but can be a pain).

Hope this may help and good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I have it all working now. I think I might have got some items muddled/forgot to deposit the pokemon after obtaining it.

Installing CFW can take a few hours, but nearly all of that time is waiting. It's wicked easy: just go on http://3ds.guide/ and follow a few directions.

I'll give it a go! Thanks

Also, you said "when I try to go over 99 (using the old man glitch)", what do you mean? THis sounds like you're doing something wrong.

I don't think I am, just using the old man who teaches you to catch pokemon and then encountering missing no. It was probably my mistake not ordering the items properly.