Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

TheZZAZZGlitchs memory editor - Page 1

TheZZAZZGlitchs memory editor

Posted by: Pixelated_
Date: 2018-11-30 20:56:59
I recently discovered TheZZAZZGlitchs memory editor video
( https://youtu.be/6NuisafQBkc ). If this is still being used, I would appreciate some help setting it up, because I found the map a bit confusing. If nobody uses this, then what is used?

Re: TheZZAZZGlitchs memory editor

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-01 11:35:05
That looks like it would take days to set up. If you want to save yourself the time, Torchickens linked a couple of save files with it already done here, but aside from those I'd just point you toward debug Yellow.

Posted by: Pixelated_
Date: 2018-12-01 11:40:28
Im actually almost finished setting it up with this method https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6638.msg208911#msg208911

And I looked into the saves, but for me the whole point was to do it on a cartridge.

Date: 2018-12-01 11:42:30
Ah. Glad you found that, then!

Posted by: joshuarpl
Date: 2019-01-02 15:07:07
If you use a debugger to write code (like me) and you are wondering if it is DA7F or DA80 in Pokemon Yellow, it is DA80, I have the English Yellow ROM, and if you do, paste the English Yellow code into DA80, and then get a ws m! Use the ws m after, and bam, you have the memory editor!

(If i'm necrobumping, i am sorry!)

Date: 2019-01-02 15:15:01
The "necrobumping" rule is more about post content than old threads. You don't seem to have any problem with it.

Weird how it's DA80 in Yellow, though. I thought it was all offset by -1 from RB, not +1. Explanation probably incoming…