Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Wild Pokémon table ACE? (Glitch meta-script) - Page 1

Wild Pokémon table ACE? (Glitch meta-script)

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-24 18:06:30
A glitch meta-script in 6F of Silph Co executes code from D828, which is in the middle of some flag data. This can drop to D887, which is wild Pokémon tables. I know that blank data here and in the following Trainer data will allow you to drop to box data, but I want to see if a jump could be made from the wild encounter tables. Also, I would like to continue my research on glitch meta-scripts. In BGB, how do you determine if a script executes ACE, and where do I find the point of execution?

Edit: Forgot to mention which script it is, it is 0x0E and 0x14 which both have the same effect.

Re: Wild Pokémon table ACE? (Glitch meta-script)

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2019-07-25 01:34:49
Hello,
If I understand well what you are trying to do, here's what you need:
- Find the address corresponding to the wanted map's current script (for example Silph Co. is from $D643 to $D65C in english R/B) and edit it (replacing with $0E in that case)
- Open the debugger, right click on the main window, "set access breakpoint". Enter $8000-$FF7F (or $CFFF-$FDFF is you only want to check WRAM to Echo RAM) and check the "execute" box (uncheck the others). Add the breakpoint and close the debugger.
- Go into that map. If code is executed, the debugger automatically opens pointing to the executed address.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-25 06:44:43
Good find. Yeah, possibly. Although 0xC3 and high levels are not normally accessible, they can be modified with stack abuse or extended Super Glitch.

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-25 08:20:48
Thanks Krys3000 for your input :D

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2019-07-27 12:47:24
You're welcome :)