Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Warp to Route 7 using glitch map script - Page 1

Warp to Route 7 using glitch map script

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-26 19:49:48
Been noticing a lot of interesting map scripts lately.

Anyway, the upper entrance to Cycling Road has a glitch script 0x15 that warps you to a Glitch City seemingly based off of Route 7, and causes ACE at FAC9. A lot of glitch scripts in R/B seem to execute ACE in the Echo RAM region, I've noticed, and it's usually data within the 2nd stored Pokémon. Another thing I've seen with this script is that even with a C9 (ret) at FAC9, sometimes the game freezes.

Re: Warp to Route 7 using glitch map script

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-07-26 22:32:38
You've been on fire with these ideas lately! :D Have you considered working on the MetascriptDex with Torchickens?

Date: 2019-07-27 08:31:22

You've been on fire with these ideas lately! :D Have you considered working on the MetascriptDex with Torchickens?

I really want to, I'm a bit shy though.

Edit: It seems that Torchickens has made a video on this already. https://youtu.be/eS7v-Rn_DYA

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-07-28 14:27:28

Edit: It seems that Torchickens has made a video on this already. https://youtu.be/eS7v-Rn_DYA
Good thing there's someone good to work with then. ;)

I noticed some of these weren't in the 'Dex (maybe I didn't look in the right place) even though some are apparently in videos, so it may be worth considering. It's easily my favorite of the ongoing Dex projects.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-28 15:51:12

Thanks for wanting to help! Ahh, that's understandable. :)

Don't worry about commitment. Contributions to the wiki are much appreciated even if you do one or a few scripts every now and then. We also appreciate your finds already! Also feel free to add to the wiki pages whenever you like. ^^

I did my research with the BGB debugger's access breakpoints feature set to RAM on execute (8000-FE something).

Date: 2019-07-28 19:35:11
Thank you for the motivational support :D Anything is appreciated!