Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Fun little glitch map-script in your rival's house - Page 1

Fun little glitch map-script in your rival's house

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-27 13:32:09
Here's an interesting script that doesn't involve executing code in manipulable RAM or that doesn't involve a freeze (interesting, right?)

Activating script 0x0E in your rival's house causes execution at 3420 in unbanked ROM, which seems to play a loop of a short sound effect. What's even more interesting is that when you walk around, loops occur less frequently (the loops have a longer time between them). When you walk out of the house, it seems to play a glitchy version of a Pokémon league theme (?) If someone else could test this out for me and confirm these effects, that would be great.

Edit: I have created a video on the matter, and it is my first ever YT video! There are a lot of issues with it, but I hope everyone understands. https://youtu.be/U3BrnuoOVoI