Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Arbitrary Code Execution Discussion

Script in the Champion's room that executes data from item 2's quantity - Page 1

Script in the Champion's room that executes data from item 2's quantity

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-28 11:20:51
Here's a rather interesting find.

Script 0x0E in the Champion's room executes data from D321, which is item 2's quantity. Set that quantity to 3 (inc bc) and the script works exactly like 8F. Unfortunately, to make the script work, it seems you need a cheating device as once you enter Lorelei's room, the Champion room script gets reset to 0x01, which makes it seem unlikely that this would work as an ACE entrypoint.

(Also, can I ask if I'm allowed to self-advertise? I didn't see it in the rules. I'm asking because I started a channel where I want to showcase the effects of glitch-scripts and other Gen I glitchiness)

Re: Script in the Champion's room that executes data from item 2's quantity

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-07-28 11:37:52

(Also, can I ask if I'm allowed to self-advertise? I didn't see it in the rules. I'm asking because I started a channel where I want to showcase the effects of glitch-scripts and other Gen I glitchiness)

Sure, There's a board for that under multimedia discussion. (It's called "Website Advertisement", but you can plug pretty much anything that's online there)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-07-28 14:15:59
Yes you can, absolutely! The more internet sources out there actually working with the internal workings, the better. :)

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2019-07-28 19:37:02
Ah, okay! I was a little bit worried ^^ Here it is though: (beware, my first video isn't all that great) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtCaeJipWRTCZzLoKruWoHA